Pictures of Repro TTA Emblems

Has anything been done to make the reproductions hold up better than the originals? The original indy wings on my 6600 mile TTA look like they have 266,000 miles on them and the car's been garaged all its life :(

nevermind, i found em on the other post-

Those are now available for immediate purchase. Here's the pricing structure.

Nose Badge 20th Anniversary Emblem......................$100
Fender Turbo Trans Am Emblem................................$105 each
Sail Panel 20th Anniversary Emblem .........................$ 80 each
Rocker Panel Indy 500 Wing Emblem.........................$100 each
Rear Bird White Cloisonné Emblem............................$125

Alan

Repros are better because......

Originally posted by rastaz
Has anything been done to make the reproductions hold up better than the originals? The original indy wings on my 6600 mile TTA look like they have 266,000 miles on them and the car's been garaged all its life :(

Our reproductions are FAR superior to the originals. This can be seen when laid side by side. The reproductions are without flaws, have more vivid, bright color, are clearer, and the colors are consistent....no variations like in the originals. Right now, we are obtaining die cut double sided tape for them. The stress and vibration tests have been concluded and the metallurgy tests is almost done. Based upon the results of these test, the best 3M tape for the job will be picked.

Other TTA products are in development with GM assistance. Such as Upper and Lower Radiator hoses, vacuum lines, and more.

Thanks,

Alan

Dan the man

Originally posted by Grumpy
look very nice in person!!!!:D

Hey Dan,

Thanks for the compliments. Don't forget to keep giving Rich and Frank their daily ration of grief.....LOL...particularly about those floor mats....HA, HA, HA. Rich told me what you pulled on them on the trip back from Bristol. You really had him flustered.

Alan

im not flaming by anymeans here but:

you said

This can be seen when laid side by side. The reproductions are without flaws, have more vivid, bright color, are clearer, and the colors are consistent....no variations like in the originals.

in all honesty, the GM ones that i have here in a box, really look BRIGHT WHITE compared to the ORIGINAL ONES on my low mileage car, even on my 40k car i had,.... 2 different cars!

now yours look BRIGHT WHITE, just like the " LATE GM ONES" that werent ever put onto a car-.....

now, here is what i want to know, does the white of your reproductions match the dingy white of our cars?
not the cameo white from the 73 trans am, not the artic white from the 94 trans am.... is it pretty dang close to the ORIGINAL white of the car??

just wondering?

Thanks for the info Alan,

I took a good close look at my Indy wings last night. It is actually the metal with the brass finish on them that is going south. So I guess my question really is if a different metal or plating process has been used to prevent them from corroding like the originals?

I think the prices are to high.
Honestly in the end even if they are better, they are still not originals.

Original parts are what really scores points in shows after thae car has age. The judges know to look for thngs as they should be from the factory.

I Think I will keep my original GM ones in a box and put them on when I retire the car and restore it for the show car class and start another project.

I would buy a set of emblems, but those are way to expensive.

I personally have seen them in person and they are as nice if not better than the originals.If someone has a low mile car and wanted to keep it original that's one's perogative.Show or no show car you guys should thank your lucky stars that someone took some interest to make these one of a kind emblems.There are not very many TTA's unlike the thousands of turbo regals out there.What would they be worth to someone who needed them but couldn't buy them because they didn't exist?Think about this one!!Wonder what it took to get these produced and if that person will make money even at that price.Rich thank you for taking interest and seeing it through.I will be purchasing a set soon!NO FLAMES TO ANYONE JUST WANT TTA PEOPLE TO ENCOURAGE OTHER TTA PEOPLE FOR PROGRESSION!:)

emblems

The brass finish on the edge on my emblems was also wearing off and I took metal polish too them carefully and polished them up. They have more of a chrome looking edge now , but it is a lot better than the dull silver that it was before. You have to be careful and keep the polish of the emblem colors though. ;)

Prices too HIGH?

IF you could still buy emblems from GM, they would cost more than these sell for. Our prices are very near the price the emblems sold for when discontinued years ago. There is a price to own a very rare and exclusive car, that price is expensive parts. In some cases, its non-existent parts. I personally don't think our prices are too high.

Alan

Originally posted by Quick6'n'-K.C.
im not flaming by anymeans here but:

you said

in all honesty, the GM ones that i have here in a box, really look BRIGHT WHITE compared to the ORIGINAL ONES on my low mileage car, even on my 40k car i had,.... 2 different cars!

now yours look BRIGHT WHITE, just like the " LATE GM ONES" that werent ever put onto a car-.....

now, here is what i want to know, does the white of your reproductions match the dingy white of our cars?
not the cameo white from the 73 trans am, not the artic white from the 94 trans am.... is it pretty dang close to the ORIGINAL white of the car??

just wondering?

Bryan,

Yes, the white in our Turbo Trans Am OER Fender Emblems is very close in color
to the paint on the cars. As you are well aware the Original emblems on the
Anniversary Cars varied greatly in color between different emblems on different
cars and even between emblems on the same car. The reason for this was that the
production of the original emblems was performed by a very small jewelry company
in New York and the quality control due to the methods used produced an
inconsistent emblem outcome. Our current production method is very refined and
state of the art if you will. We have very tight quality control and strive for
consistency of color. All in all the GM OER Emblems that we provide are
superior in appearance to the original in that they are identical but with less
flaws, if any at all. I hope this helps your purchase.