Pics wanted.

MENTL231

Looking for cage pictures in t-top cars. And looking for Parachute mount pictures leaving the factory tank in the car. Any help would be great. Thanks.

I have an 87 GN with T Tops. It has a cage legal into the 10's. (the car runs 10.70's) If you are still looking for some pics let me know. The car is under the carcover in the garage, but will post some if you like.

Are you doing the cage yourself, or having it built? You should be able to design it anyway you need to unless you are going faster then 10 flat. How fast are you planning on going? I am going to build a T-top car with a stroker in it as my next project. I have thought about how I would design the cage and it really isnt going to be much different from a hardtop car cage except a little clearance to be able to remove the tops. My car will go bottom 10's at its fastest, so I am staying out of the speeds where the exact NHRA or IHRA rules would limit a few modifications for a street car cage. Most turbo regals could get away with a 6 point cage to run in the 11's or high 10's unless the rules have changed a ton since I built my last car. Every cage I have seen in a TR to date that leaves the backseat is not correct from the aspect of maximum transfer of power and torque. The bent bars that go thru the rear dash flex when the car twists, I dont care what material used is. The cars that run them are not producing huge numbers and are still driven I would guess. Some mega HP Regals cars have the correct cage geometry, but they are running a ladder bar type suspension which requires the cage work with the suspension.

:biggrin: