Pics Of The Grand Camino

al shapiro

Finally I have some pics of the Grand Camino to post. The problem has been my lack of knowledge on how to get pics on the forum. Thank you John (Red Regal T). Since these pics were taken the car got a major do over to include a stage II engine, big stuff 3, front mount inner cooler, 70 mm TB and 70 GTQ turbo.

Attachments

• WL2I3050small copy.jpg
    WL2I3050small copy.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 2,388
  • car 028.jpg
    car 028.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 2,294
  • Copy (2) of gm hi tech 005.jpg
    Copy (2) of gm hi tech 005.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 2,214
  • Copy (2) of gm hi tech 006.jpg
    Copy (2) of gm hi tech 006.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 2,254
  • car 005.jpg
    car 005.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 2,256
Very nice Al.

Can you go into futher detail into you're rear suspension setup? Are those lower controller arm relocation brackets? If so are they bolted or welded to the rear end? Also, why is the sway bar bolted above the lower control arms with brackets?

Thanks,

Doug D

Yes, those are instant center relocation brackets and they are bolted in. The sway bar is above the control arm but is connected to the control arm. This is the way it was designed by metco and I guess its because the center of the sway bar would be too low if it wasn't that way.

Gotcha.

Where did you get the relocator brackets?

What is the part that is going across the rear that looks adjustable?

Thanks,

Doug D

This car is incredible and I've had the opportunity to see it in person!
Al, I have a picture of the your car from the 06 Mariner Car Show.

Henry

How do you frankenstein the Buick header panel on to the el camino?

I want to do something similar by using an aluminum hood from a cutlass on my GN...

You start with the el camino fenders and GN header panel bolted in place and then cut the GN fenders to fit the opening. Then you start welding. The next obsticle is getting the GN hood to match the shape of the el camino fender. I had to drill the spot welds in the hood and reposition the sheet metal on the hood.

Awesome ride Al, thanks for bringing it up to Old Town last year. Would have loved to see it yesterday, but maybe next year.

More Pics Of The Grand Camino

Some have asked for pics of the interior and rear of car so here they are.

Attachments

• car 039.jpg
    car 039.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 1,981
  • Copy of gm hi tech 011.jpg
    Copy of gm hi tech 011.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 1,991
  • car 033.jpg
    car 033.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 1,954
  • Copy of gm hi tech 012.jpg
    Copy of gm hi tech 012.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 1,980
  • car 034.jpg
    car 034.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 1,963
This deserves more looks! I really like everything about it aside from the basically functionless bed. MUCH work went into this car and it turned out to be anything BUT overdone, which is all too often not the case.

Definitely a nice car with thought and consideration used at essentially every angle. NICE!!! ;)