Pics of SB2.2 heads

Dusty Bradford

Here's the heads I just picked up. Chambers have been modified to 45cc, Intake runners are 280cc and flow 396cfm at .700. Valves are 2.17/1.60. Exhaust flowed around 280cfm at .700. Intake was ported and fixed for a 2 stage fogger system so I'll have to convert it for EFI.

Attachments

• sb22IMG0001.jpg
    sb22IMG0001.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 1,352
thumbs up

Now thats a set of heads. Good luck on the change over. Is that going to fit under the hood? Looking like your going to a cowl hood. what kind of a valve cover does it take?

I hope it'll fit under the turbo hood. I have Hartline's hood so it's got an extra couple inches clearance right over the intake to play with. I may have to sell my plenum with my current intake and buy a small flange plenum. I could also modify this intake for the dominator flange and use my plenum. The guy I got the heads from has already had the material welded to the flange to convert this intake to a dominator flange.

Valve angles are 11* on the intake and 8* on the exhaust.

Nice to have a real world comparison between the high end "production" heads and the Nascar 2.2s. I predict a 7sec pass in your future! :eek:

Wow those are awesome! Its cool to finally set a set... Maybe one day I too can have a set!