pics of my GN with TA motor

sixgun86gn

six offender
These are some newer pics I took,just to show everybody what I have been working on lately. This car has been getting slowly worked on for the past 3 yrs at least,finally almost ready to hit the track due to work slowing down.

I still have some upgrades I am going to do,but this is pretty much it for now.Just have to install the trim,door panels,and finish wet sanding and polishing the paint.

I did the paint myself (don't laugh please),and fabbed just about everything on the car. The downpipe was built and tack welded by me and then finished up by a friend who owns a TIG.There are a few custom parts that are from vendors like RJC,who made me a custom depth crank pulley for my crank trigger setup,so I wouldn't have to shim everything else.

Attachments

• 120.jpg
    120.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 332
  • 142.jpg
    142.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 335
  • 143.jpg
    143.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 331
  • 144.jpg
    144.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 329
  • 145.jpg
    145.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 330
some more

Attachments

• 147.jpg
    147.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 326
  • 148.jpg
    148.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 329
  • 149.jpg
    149.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 323
  • 150.jpg
    150.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 323
Thanks for sharing some pics of your project. Looks like it's coming along nicely and with the combination you put together it should run 9's without too much effort. I'd venture to say you will need some 96lb injectors, those 83's will probably get maxed on low boost!:eek:

Thanks for sharing some pics of your project. Looks like it's coming along nicely and with the combination you put together it should run 9's without too much effort. I'd venture to say you will need some 96lb injectors, those 83's will probably get maxed on low boost!:eek:

Thanks.

I plan on going to 160's probably just to be safe,never know might want to try for some 8's eventually.

Thanks.

I plan on going to 160's probably just to be safe,never know might want to try for some 8's eventually.

Yep sounds like a good idea to go to the 160's and be on the safe side with plenty of room to grow.

Looks good.

I would add extra support to the flange that supports the turbo.

Would you have a close up of the Champion Alternator bracket? I need to install mine and it's in pieces.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Looks good.

I would add extra support to the flange that supports the turbo.

Would you have a close up of the Champion Alternator bracket? I need to install mine and it's in pieces.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Here you go,hope these help.

Attachments

• 151.jpg
    151.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 274
  • 152.jpg
    152.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 275
  • 153.jpg
    153.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 277
Great Pics, i didnt know you need a crank sensor when you run a distribitor.

The distributor just acts as the cam sensor,you still need a crank signal because the spark is still controlled by the computer.

You can look it up on search and find the info on the swap with the XFI.

Turning out nice...

sixgun, that's some serious setup u have there!:eek: Damn that should run 8s...good luck with it. BTW, got to see how u setup the 7al box in the footwell area.