Picked up another T-type

ttypewhite

Last weekend I picked up a Maroon T-type that I am thrilled with. Car has a couple bolt ons, ie: 2 1/2" exhaust, Adjustable fuel pressure reg, 42lb injectors, a TT chip and a Racetronix hot-wire kit for the fuel pump. The paint needed a good buffing to get the oxidization out. I used some Meguiars Ultimate Compound and it came out so nice I am shocked. Looks like new paint. Drives very nice, and everything mechanically is sound. Took me about a hour to drive it home, and I was so impressed how tight and flawless it rides. Here are some pics.

This pic shows you the Meguiars magic. Just did the hood. fenders are untouched. Notice the oxidization on the fender as a comparison.
Markham-20120205-00462.jpg

Markham-20120205-00463.jpg

After a full detailed high speed wax with my buffing wheel.
Markham-20120206-00471.jpg

Markham-20120205-00468.jpg

Markham-20120206-00470.jpg

Markham-20120205-00466.jpg

Markham-20120206-00474.jpg

The engine compartment
Markham-20120211-00479.jpg

The other owner would shocked to see it now I bet!

You picked up a sweet car! Buff job looks great. You must have covered the other car or pulled it out. I know when I buff, lots of compound/polish ends up everywhere.

Carl

The car looks great! Did you ever think of posting a how-to on buffing a car up? I have been trying to find one.

Nix

The plan with this one is to leave it alone. Just want to detail the hell out of it and see how nice it comes out. I bought it with the mind set to repaint it, but the Meguiars wax changed all that. So I am just going to stick to the cosmetic side of things and buy new moldings, bezels, dew sweeps, some larger back tires etc.

Nix I just took a random guess at some wax I saw on the shelf and it was a home run. Applied it with my orbital buffer and wiped it off with a microfiber cloth. Had to apply it multiple times because it was really oxidized bad all over. Just did small sections at a time until I did the whole car. I have 10 hours into buffing it so far. On my second bottle of this stuff. I swear this is liquid gold. Very impressed. I have never seen anything like this before.

The other owner would definitely be shocked as he tried to buff it with no success. He gave up on the car. As a matter of fact, he would be pissed........

That's beautiful! That car is my favorite combo for a Turbo Buick. Any pics of the car outside? It must be sweet looking out in the light.

The car looks great! Did you ever think of posting a how-to on buffing a car up? I have been trying to find one.

Nix

autogeek.net has awesome tutorial videos for the beginner. Also, I watch a lot of youtube video's from "Chemical Guys" and follow a lot of well known detailers on FB. Another guy that breaks it down for us newbs is a lad that goes by "Junkman2000" on youtube. He posts on a UK auto detailing forum--gotta google that one.

Very Nice!! You can also use 3m Finesse-it II finishing material or MIDNIGHT SPECIAL to get a shine back w/out putting compound on the car.

The car has entered into another dimension of its cleaning stage. Engine has been stripped down. Out comes the toothbrush, degreasers and paint. What a mess I made last night.......... Believe it or not, these pics were after I scrapped most of the dirt and grime for 4 hours.
Markham-20120218-00492.jpg

Markham-20120218-00497.jpg

Markham-20120218-00494.jpg

Markham-20120218-00496.jpg

The pile of parts extracted out of the engine compartment on the floor. Man is the wife pissed when she saw this.
Markham-20120218-00495.jpg