PF52 oil filter vs. PF52E

th

image.jpeg

The fact that the E filter has paper end caps and a thinner housing would be enough of a disqualification for me.
...and they are made at Champion Labs. Many filters are made there including some Frams and junk quickie oil change filters.

I guess if we all agreed,this would be a boring place with no input.

I'll stick with my Baldwin. I learned about them in this Forum.

image.jpeg

I don't trust them at all. I've had one collapse internally and send unfiltered oil through the motor.

I ran a wix and had no problems with it but have since switched to a K&P for piece of mind knowing that it will never fail.

Here's someone else's real world experience with these filters
Im sure you can pull a video off you tube for every situation.I gave real accounts of a turbo buick that makes more power, and is street driven and sees more oil pressure than most and you post someone's elses video:rolleyes:keep your b filter if your happy and have fun with thread.I did like the pics of captain picard.love star trek.

There are many opinions on filters just like any other part for our cars.

Things have changed over the years although fram filters still suck as they always have. The industry is always looking to lower the bottom line and stay competitive and the quality of filters is no exception.

I had the opportunity years ago to see how the major brand filters were constructed. Purolater classic was among the best in build quality and the pure/one is considered the best for contaminate protection with a spin on filter. With that being said though we probably shouldn't use the pure one on our cars do to the high restriction of the filter media which could be an issue with high oil pressures. They [purolator] use all metal parts not plastic and the filter media is crimped with a metal band, not glued like most other mfg. do.

Wix and baldwin are good filters with high quality components and wix also produces the NAPA gold and silver series filters to the same specs as it's line of filters.

The delco filter although not the worst out there has gone the way of cost cutting and cheaper build quality.

The debate of which filter to use will probably go on until we don't use oil filters anymore.

I say do the research if you have doubts on what to use and use what works for you. After all it's your motor and if you're that worried about any part that you use including the oil filter, do your research instead of asking the keyboard cowboys for their opinion.

In one of the oil filter discussions I followed,there was a reusable filter that people highly recommended.

IIRC,it had a stainless steel screen which could be cleaned and reused. The system wasn't cheap and possibly required lots of modification. But then again we are talking filtering oil.

I tried to find the thread. It was years ago it seems.

That would be another option for someone who wasn't happy with their current filter choice.

In one of the oil filter discussions I followed,there was a reusable filter that people highly recommended.

IIRC,it had a stainless steel screen which could be cleaned and reused. The system wasn't cheap and possibly required lots of modification. But then again we are talking filtering oil.

I tried to find the thread. It was years ago it seems.

That would be another option for someone who wasn't happy with their current filter choice.

You might be thinking about the K&P engineering filter which already has been mentioned in this thread.

The part# is S18 for our cars.