"PET" HUMMINGBIRD IN GARAGE?

A friend just stopped by and he also wanted a picture of the nest, and a big surprise, now there are now 2 eggs a couple hours later!

2 HUMMING BIRD EGGS.jpg

I smell scramble eggs with Bacon by tomorrow morning, i feel sorry for this little bird that such a huge egg had to come out of her butt, damn that must off been painful.. LOL

I smell scramble eggs with Bacon by tomorrow morning, i feel sorry for this little bird that such a huge egg had to come out of her butt, damn that must off been painful.. LOL

I had an African grey ( timneh) parrot that I cherished. She kept laying eggs and the last one did so much damage to her she needed surgery. I couldn't do the "aftercare" for her so I had to give her up. I gave her to a sweet little vet tech that worked at the vets . I have always been a bird fancier. Nick is quite lucky to have such a wonder of nature so close at hand..

........ Nick is quite lucky to have such a wonder of nature so close at hand..

Yes, you are correct as I feel very fortunate to have this wonderful creature make a home in my home!

Maybe this is an omen that I should slow down and take time to appreciate other things in life, as we are not the only wondrous creatures on this planet.

During the day I take more short breaks just watching the bird as she also takes many trips out to the tree next door or somewhere for a few minutes.

The "word" of this unusual happening in the neighborhood has brought many visitors to my garage!

Nick,

This is really cool! (y) My mom has always loved humming birds so when I got my place we put up a feeder. It's amazing how many birds we get especially around dusk. It's not uncommon to have 4 on the feeder and several others waiting. I hope it all works out and you soon have your own bird family. :cool:

Neal

Funny....I was on the phone with you when you first encountered the bird. I remember you saying stuff to it, and I thought you were talking to me. I see they are taking up shop, in the shop.

Nick,

I took this pic in the backyard at dusk last night I thought you'd like it.

Neal

DSCN1964.JPG

WOW! Only took about 3 weeks. Didn't think they would hatch that quickly.

It's hard to believe, but some of those Hummingbirds migrate from Mexico to Alaska every year.

Last edited:
very cool.

talk to them every day while they are in the nest.

They will remember your voice and may come to you when you call to them.

Use the same phrase over and over.

Worked for my father.

D

Suggestion for names :

Turbo and Flit .

Flit was the hummingbird from the pocahontas movie,
and " Turbo " seems to fit this situation well.

Last edited:
Hey Nick i have been following your post, just wondering if you have any further update.

WOW! Only took about 3 weeks. Didn't think they would hatch that quickly.

It's hard to believe, but some of those Hummingbirds migrate from Mexico to Alaska every year.
Not if Trump builds that wall, they won't!:LOL:

Bruce '87 Grand National