Pay it, fight it, forget about it???

saywin

Fletch
I went to the OU/Texas game on 6 Oct 2007, parking was limited so I parked in a ladies yard. The lady said it was OK to park there if I wanted to pay $20. I paid her the $20 and went on to the game. I returned to my truck and found a parking ticket for $40. I just got another notice in the mail saying that payment is due by 19 Oct 2007. Does anyone have any advice. Thanks in advance.

Fight it, get something in writing from the lady that states she gave you permission and you don't have any probs... If you're on her yard, then it shouldn't matter to the police unless she reported you!

sam

What was the parking ticket for, statue? Maybe there might be a local ordinace prohibiting you from parking there.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Im not sure what your asking. What is Statue?

The statute you're accused of violating. It will be on the ticket. The 'old lady' may not actually have had permission to let you park there. I'd just pay it and forget it. I only fight the moving violations since they're the gifts that keep on givin'.

Jim

Lady conned you. Pay the ticket and chalk it up.

X2 This could come back to haunt you if it doesn't get taken care of. Nothing like getting "slapped up side the head" when you go to renew your license.

Let's see:
A $40.00 ticket vs going back to the lady, getting a letter, going to court, and still getting hammered??
What's your time worth??

Around me you cannot park on any unpaved surface... Maybe thats what the ticket is for. I own my lawn, yet I couldn't park on it if I wanted to...

Thats it

Around me you cannot park on any unpaved surface... Maybe thats what the ticket is for. I own my lawn, yet I couldn't park on it if I wanted to...[/QUOTE

I have to be in Dallas on Thursday, so I am going to stop by the court house and at least contest this ticket. I did get conned, but there were alot of us getting conned that day. My wife and I think it's funny how the police allow these con men and woman to operate, and then they the police go in and clean house. I have nothing against the police, my very good long time friend is an officer in OKC, OK. So if there are any police officers out there please don't take this to offence.

I just hate the fact it cost me sixty dollars to park.:biggrin: