Pawn shops - observation and question

This is something you guys can try in your town. Run a add in the sunday paper that says "WE BUY PAWN TICKETS "CASH" You might get away with it for a while, or not..;) Its not illegal.. True story ( It was a saturday night and I was out with my girlfriend at the time (Now Wife). We were at a really nice steak house down town having a good time, and out of the blue a guy, (True Thugg) came right up to my table and said " Charley and the rest of the guys no who you are and what you are doing" "This will stop tonight or my next visit will not be in a public place"" I did this for about 6 months and had a lot of fun doing it, But needless to say The next day I fired my self from that job....:biggrin: BTW I live in a City of 500,000k plus..

1- You buy the ticket
2- You go to the pawn shop and pay back the loan - to get a stereo, drill, etc.??
Is that the jist?
How do you make money doing this?

I really didn't make much money at it back then, Now with craigs list and E-bay there might be a market.. But I did get a lot of stuff for a fraction of what it was worth. Grumpy, I thought I had the English translation on.:wink: People go to pawn shops for some cash. In order to get the cash they need to have something that goes into "Pawn".( radio/gun/car.....) once that has happend they get a Pawn Ticket. Now, The pawn Shop Banks on never seeing the customer, Because they just gave them a Squat for there Ideam That they are going to sell for just under Retail.....So this is when the add comes in. They call, You give them Squat for there Pawn Ticket, Because they were going to throw it away anyways. You go get it out of pawn and bamm you have there Junk.... That easy..:biggrin: Was that in english..;)

Grumpy, I thought I had the English translation on.:wink: People go to pawn shops for some cash. In order to get the cash they need to have something that goes into "Pawn".( radio/gun/car.....) once that has happend they get a Pawn Ticket. Now, The pawn Shop Banks on never seeing the customer, Because they just gave them a Squat for there Ideam That they are going to sell for just under Retail.....So this is when the add comes in. They call, You give them Squat for there Pawn Ticket, Because they were going to throw it away anyways. You go get it out of pawn and bamm you have there Junk.... That easy..:biggrin: Was that in english..;)

yup :p I don't get out much :biggrin:

every now and then you do get lucky, especially if it is something they don't deal with a lot and not up on the value of it. I bought a Honda EU2000 generator a while back , looks almost new for 150 bucks at one. Talked them down from 180 lol. They sell for about 1200 new ! Daniel Ray