Pass. side wheel sticks out too much...???

Steve87GN

Oh come on...its just a 6
Ok, hopefully this is the last major problem I need to address. I have noticed that the sound I've been hearing on hard bumps isn't the A-arm hitting the downpipe, but rather the pass. side front tire hitting one of the fender-well bolts. I did a little more inspection and noticed that the passenger side wheel seems to stick out further into the wheel well than the driver's side one does (all in relation to the fender; the wheels don't stick out past the fender though). Is this a common problem? Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks guys as always.

Go get the car aligned first of all. Then if that doesnt take care of it, take the two bushings loose in the core support and the one bolt (15mm head) in each of the wheel wells that holds the wheel well to the frame. Then push the front clip over so it is aligned properly on the frame. Take measurement on both sides until it is the same. Pretty easy to do. -----Jeremy

Thanks for the reply Jeremy. The car was aligned on Friday after I had the new Spohn upper A-arms installed. Looks like I'll be doing some amatuer body work. Just so there's no guessing or room for error, where exactly is the bolt that holds the wheel well to the frame? I'm guessing inside-back of each. Thanks for the help dude, I really appreciate it. :)

If you look inside the wheel well towards the motor and towards the back of the car, you see it!

Cool, thanks dude. Also, if I shimmy the front clip, will I also need to re-align the hood as well?

The hood is bolted to the fenders so it will shift with the core support. I needed to use a jack stand under the core support to move it. There is quite a bit of pressure under there but it's not bad if you take your time at it.

Thanks for the help so far dude. One last question though. I noticed the bumper is also set a little towards the driver's side. Is it possible to loosen it and push it over to re-align it as well?

You might get a little bit of play out of it but I'm pretty sure the only real adjustment on the bumpers are up and down not really side to side. Loosen it up and give it a shot though!

Hmmmm...I'm beginning to wonder if the frame wasn't straightened like it should have been after the accidents it has been in. This just keeps getting better. :(

Push the ft end over too far, and you'll be getting the door edge into the fender.
I'm betting the car was wrecked, and the frame is fubar.
Measure the tire to fender lip at the ft of the opening, and also the rear tires to the lower 1/4 lip.
A trip to the frame machine is in order.