Part # for turbo Buick steering wheel

Just so happens I have 2 sitting right by me......

Brand new (and still unused) GN stering wheel purchased in '88(?), and also a Burgundy wheel.

Both have the same part#'s: 25507580

Originally posted by gtokid1
Anyone have a link to the correct part numbers for Buick steering wheels.

thanks

John

There are a bi-zillion part numbers just on the leather wrapped ones. Anything specific? If you want to get nit-picky for a concours type resto than you are asking a lot. For some reason a lot of the wheels changed from year to year and model to model. And not any of them have a part number that means anything. For example 25507580 is the part number for the metal spoke/rim part of the wheel. Post what you are looking for and I'll give you all the part numbers I can find.

That is the number that is on mine is it possible it's a core number.Reason being there was also a sport leather wrapped wheel available.These wheels appear to be thinner in the leather wrapped area.This question stems from me selling this wheel and the buyer claiming it was in correct for a turbo car.I refunded his money and now am tring to determine what it is for.

Thanks

John

I just bought a used one off ebay. It was in good condition, however, I noticed that it is not as thick (that is, the diameter of the outer rim that you hold in your hand), as my stock one. Were different model GN steering wheels different in this regard? It doesn't look that much different, but I can tell it by the feel of the wheel in my hands.

You have to be careful since the Skyhawk T Types, Century's and other models came with the same wheel MINUS the leather wrap and at first glance it appears identical since it has fake stiches molded into the wheel. It is thinner.
I had someone sell me 2 wheels like that some years back and returned them as there was no leather on them. They are good for cores to have rewrapped. The wheel currently in my 87 GN came out of a Park Avenue T Type. It was the same identical wheel in EVERY way except it was mint and cost me $15 at the bone yard.