Owners kit

Ignoring that I'm not sure how people ever got in the habit of selling the cars without the owners kit, I mean what value is it to have the owners kit to a car you don't own? Also the only people that will even want it are other TTA owners and thats a shrinking amount of people also.

As time goes on and there are less TTA's there should be a over abundance of owners kits. The real problem is that someone payed 500 or more for one of these to start with and got it in everyone else's head that they are worth that much.

The one and only reason I'd ever want one is to "complete" my car if I were selling it to maximize the value. As for while I own it, thats proof enough for me, I don't need a cardboard box full of useless junk to justify it.

I sold my original car without it years ago. Then bought kits from other people . Had a few on Ebay that sold within a few days of listing it.. CASH is what someone will pay for it. Don't want or need one for your car ?? good for you you just saved a $1000 :rolleyes: GNX guys want to do the same thing with the jackets that came with the car.. I know $3k+ just for a jacket is crazy BUT they wanted it :eek:
As these cars get older you get the collectors in buyin them.. thats when the stock parts that everyone took off and threw away become very valuable. Look at the old muscle car junk.. $8k for a steering wheel AND they are happy they found it. :cool:

Forgot why I posted to this.. WHY would people keep a kit after the car was gone ?? A piece of what they had ;) Hell I have pieces from Shelby Mustangs and 427 Cobra's and old Vette's.. Why ?? because I can :p

How bad is it when you have an owners kit, and an unused window sticker and can't find them?

How bad is it when you have an owners kit, and an unused window sticker and can't find them?

hahahahaha... been there an done it.. Ill KNOW I have something BUT it would take hours to find it. What happeneds with me is that Ill look for something and find other "stuff" and forget what I was lookin for in the beginning :p

hahahahaha... been there an done it.. Ill KNOW I have something BUT it would take hours to find it. What happeneds with me is that Ill look for something and find other "stuff" and forget what I was lookin for in the beginning :p

LOL My wife and I both looked, we can't find them. They are from #891 The guy threw the stuff in the hatch when i bought it. I didn't even know he included them.
Should they go with the Z28 I built out of her? :confused::tongue:

I guess I got lucky when I purchased my TTA. When I bought the car I did not know about the kit. I was just happy to own a TTA! The guy called me a week later and said he was going to stop by my house with some things that went with the car he forgot. He dropped off the owners kit and sunshades all in the original box. My owners kit is still in the PVL box from the first owner.

To top that one off all these years later 2 owners ago ran into me on facebook (of all places) and told me he has a huge binder with all this info on my TTA. This binder has been passed along since it was new. He totally forgot about it when he sold the car and recently moved and found it stored away. He was nice enough to box it up and ship it to me for free. He wouldn't even take money for shipping. He too said these things just belong with the car. I have never owned a car ever with as much documentation as I have for my TTA. So there is some nice non greedy people out there still!

The thing with the owners kit, documentation, jackets, and other goodies is like most said they become barging chips. When you sell the car and you have a buyer but he's on the fence you just wave that stuff under their nose and all of a sudden your bank account just grew! :biggrin:

I found in the huge binder of paper work the one owner sent me 2 sales slips where over the years they sold the owners kit and binder to the next owner. Was $100 bucks both times.

If I sold my TTA tomorrow everything would go with it to the new owner. I would want him to be proud of all that information like I am.

Oh yea and you guys can still get those cool TTA jackets. They even come with your car number and look much better then the one in the catalog back in 89! :biggrin:

4059270130_cd2b738671_b.jpg

4059268838_1f82e52b59_b.jpg

4058525439_68148020c6_b.jpg

cheap too $100 shipped! :cool:

Oh yeah, I have one of those boxes with all the goodies inside....I'll take $25,000 for it and BTW, you get a free TTA to go with it :D

Oh yea and you guys can still get those cool TTA jackets. They even come with your car number and look much better then the one in the catalog back in 89! :biggrin:

4059270130_cd2b738671_b.jpg

4059268838_1f82e52b59_b.jpg

4058525439_68148020c6_b.jpg

cheap too $100 shipped! :cool:

Hey Jim,

That is cool but a little dated for my taste ;) How about duplicating this on a hoodie (zipper or not)...not sure about white but maybe a light ash grey would be cool. Better yet maybe a race FR jacket like G-Force maybe. I'll bet a lot would jump on it then...I know I would :cool:

-Scott