Owners kit

spikestta

Anyone have an extra owners kit . unfortunately my car didn't come with one . any condition even with missing parts . Thanks

yea I pretty much have an Idea of what the market value is . Unfortunately I don't have an owners kit to go with my car . Thanks ..

yea I pretty much have an Idea of what the market value is . Unfortunately I don't have an owners kit to go with my car . Thanks ..

Yeah I don't have one either...pretty sure the previous owner sold off all the collectible stuff (ignition wires, owners kit, etc.) on ebay before or after selling me the car...after telling me he didn't have any of the stuff I found several adds on ebay :frown:

At this point I don't think I will ever have a owners kit unless I find one or somebody gives me one. A couple years ago on ebay a empty owners kit box went for over $300 :eek:

good luck!

It chaps my a-ss that I had to buy my kit from the guy I bought my TTA from. Seems to me it's as much a part of the car as say the T-top bags or floormats. And I paid less than $500 for it, but that's not the point. It should be sold with the car...as part of the car.

The owners kit became a collectible item just like the jackets and other trinkets. Its condition can vary its value. Given an owners kit can vary in value from 300-1000 it becomes a negociating point.

The buyer never wants to pay for it.. the seller never wants to give it up for free.

When I bought my first TTA, it was a 500 dollar bargaining chip.. 16K with or 15,500 without. That was in 2002.

Some buyers never know about the box when they buy the cars.. and dont ask for it.

What can you say...

The owners kit became a collectible item just like the jackets and other trinkets. Its condition can vary its value. Given an owners kit can vary in value from 300-1000 it becomes a negociating point.

The buyer never wants to pay for it.. the seller never wants to give it up for free.

When I bought my first TTA, it was a 500 dollar bargaining chip.. 16K with or 15,500 without. That was in 2002.

Some buyers never know about the box when they buy the cars.. and dont ask for it.

What can you say...

I agree...but I specifically asked the guy that I purchased my TTA form if he had any collectible stuff from the car and if so I would gladdy buy them, he said no then I find stuff on ebay from the same guy. I even contacted him later and asked again...he never replied :confused:

The ignition wires on the car were the biggest pieces of crap I have ever seen...possibly even from a junk yard. Plain very thin black cheap wire that leaked all over the place :rolleyes:

I see him from time to time at local car shows and cruise nights and he has nothing to say to me. Maybe he knows I figured out that most of the things he told me was BS. Like the car was never run hard and was 100% stock...funny when I changed my turbo it was very obvious that lots of parts had been on and off, the cat was gutted, the computer was not mounted properly, etc. not that I really believed him but he did try and make that a selling point. I still got a great deal on the car but not so sure on the complete honesty of the sale?

On mine the guy all of a sudden had a set of t-top inserts for sale after the car sale. And the owners kit fiasco I also went through.

Hard to tell how individuals act when it comes to business and money. Always better to be honest and lay the chips where they may, anyone buyng a performance vehicle that has some mileage and claiming it hasnt been raced.. better be ready for more lies. I personally dont care that its been raced, since that was what it built to do. I care about the maintenance.

Back to the top... good luck with the owners kit.

The owners kit became a collectible item just like the jackets and other trinkets.

Maybe so, but it's my understanding that jackets and trinkets did not specifically come with the car. The owner's kit did, it would be just as crappy to take out the floormats before selling the car and holding them for ransom,which is what this really is. I see the the owners kit as part of the car in as much as the plug wires, T-top shades,etc.

Why can't sellers just sell the car with a price that reflects the TTA specific pieces that will come with it?

Maybe so, but it's my understanding that jackets and trinkets did not specifically come with the car. The owner's kit did, it would be just as crappy to take out the floormats before selling the car and holding them for ransom,which is what this really is. I see the the owners kit as part of the car in as much as the plug wires, T-top shades,etc.

Why can't sellers just sell the car with a price that reflects the TTA specific pieces that will come with it?

What is special about the floormats?

You could order an owners kit along with a jacket. Meaning there are more owners kits than are TTA's. Just not a lot of them, and I suspect a lot are holding onto them.

When you have a TTA with 150K+ miles.. body is in poor condition.. maybe wrecked, etc.. a car not worth a lot.. that owners kit now is a huge bargaining chip.

Cars with low miles sold for collectability purposes.. thats an important item. Just like buying a GNX and getting the book and jacket.

Funny how few owners kits I see when cars appear on Ebay for sale. :redface:

Reason being that the cars didn't have them with the kits.
The Pontiac delaerships were to send in the name and address of the new owner, and PVL would send out the kit.
I got my kit weeks after I bought the car.
Lucky for me, my dealership sent in my name and address.
Not all, few, if at all, dealerships did.
I had heard there were 1600 kits made and put together.
I was lucky to buy three others, and sold one to a member here.
Way back when, for just $60.00!
I know that he is happy!:smile:
You won't find that price anymore.
Most I've heard that anyone got, is $1,200.00!
Good luck in finding one!

George :cool:

He is just making a comparison :wink:

Yes,just a comparison, and the owner's kit by my understanding was part of the transaction. There was an "express warranty" or due obligation on the part of Pontiac and it's dealerships to send an owner's kit as part of the new car sale.

Jackets and other hoo-har that were TTA specific were not part of the original transaction but could be bought outside that transaction, by anyone.

The kit contained the all important Pace car decal set that was advertised with TTA's. And could have been installed by the buyer or buyer's dealer or whomever.Which visually makes the Pace car a Pace car.

I'm certainly in the minority of this mindset but whether a kit was not shipped or shipped and the TTA eventually wound up with one, it, by proxy should always be part of the car...in as much as the dedicated 20th anniversary plug wires.

Right??

None the less, the reallity is some cars don't have them. And I just think it's a shame that kits are being held back when these cars are being sold so as to further dillute the value of them.

I agree with you that ALL of these cars should have recieved the kits.
Do you know that the same thing happened to the 10th Anniversary Trans Am, the 1980 Indy 500 Turbo Trans Am, and the 1981 Daytona 500 Turbo Trans Am?
Very few cars came with the decal package in the box.
Most dealerships held these back as well, and sold them thru the parts department.
I know, because I bought a few sets for the 1980 and 1981 Pace Cars from the dealerships.
On the other side of the auguement, look at some people like Jan, Jim, and me (others as well).
No one would ever buy our cars with all the stuff we have for them, for the price we would ask.
We have way too much crap for these cars.
You can't stop anyone from selling their car without the collectibles, but I feel that the offer should at least be put on the table for the new owner to decide getting it all or not.
And I am not trying to cause any arguements.

George :cool:

Yes,just a comparison, and the owner's kit by my understanding was part of the transaction. There was an "express warranty" or due obligation on the part of Pontiac and it's dealerships to send an owner's kit as part of the new car sale.

Jackets and other hoo-har that were TTA specific were not part of the original transaction but could be bought outside that transaction, by anyone.

The kit contained the all important Pace car decal set that was advertised with TTA's. And could have been installed by the buyer or buyer's dealer or whomever.Which visually makes the Pace car a Pace car.

I'm certainly in the minority of this mindset but whether a kit was not shipped or shipped and the TTA eventually wound up with one, it, by proxy should always be part of the car...in as much as the dedicated 20th anniversary plug wires.

Right??

None the less, the reallity is some cars don't have them. And I just think it's a shame that kits are being held back when these cars are being sold so as to further dillute the value of them.

agree 100%

Good luck on your search. They were popping up on ebay on almost a regular basis but I haven't seen any on there in a long long time now. Funny thing when I bought my car the owner handed me a box in mid sentence when we were doing the deal and I just tossed it in the back of the car and kept talking. I got home with the car brought the box inside and the owners kit was in there. I never even knew they even came with one at that time! :eek: Good thing I didn't toss the box out. There was also a stack of flyer's from car shows in 89 and 90. Seems they showed the car quite a bit when it was new.

I did find a local guy who claims he's got 5 complete owners kits. He told me he wanted 3K for them. I was going to buy them all when he told me 3K for each kit! :eek: I said that's pretty high for a owners kit. He said I have nothing but time to wait till they get that high. Sad part is the guy will drop dead one day and some nephew will toss them in the trash when he finds them! If I ever break any off him I'll let you know.

Hey, I recently sold my nice tta (I still ahve my drag car) but I do have a spare owners kit and also original never installed tailpipes. If you interested let me know. I will be selling these (I need the $$) Domgw@verizon.net

not to highjack a thread, but i have a set of original head off my tta also. I belive one of them has a hairline crack. The machine shop said they could be fixed. I installed a set of champion aftermarket heads on my car though.