outlaw 68 camaro build

I will let any Turbo car post in this forum... As long as it is a project like this. Why not?

Buick guys are kind of the innovators of all this turbo stuff, we should feel proud to see what we help lay the ground work for....

That is exactly what is wrong with the car hobby anymore. I prefer chevy stuff but hang out with people who race mustangs, bustangs, fordolets, whatever. Don't matter to me. Even if it is an import I am interested as long as it is fast and a sweet car. Not some riced out piece of $hit with a homo driving it thinking it is the baddest thing out there. I see it all the time in this community just like in the ls1 community who won't look at your car if it has a v6 turbo or a lt1 or an old school sbc in it. Nobody can appreciate anything unless it is below what they have or exactly what they have. The nutt hugging on here gets old to. To many times it is only about those who have a big bank account and worship each others TSO/TSM/TSBS :biggrin: cars. Then there are those that make stupid comments towards anything different that you might own/build. Give props to something besides the same old $hit. Yes this is a gn/t/buick specific site but we have the v8 conversion section for those who want real speed and only a handfull of those out there with the kind of finances to put the v6 into the 9's and very few who can afford to go faster than that on the small platform. It gets boring looking at the same old black turbo buzzing six bangers. Nice to see other stuff floating around as well.

Not all of us on here have blinders on so don't judge us off of one ignorant post. Please ignore those who think that way. Please feel free to post and give all the info/pics you choose to.

Imports are cool to if they are done right and the owner is not a tool. Look at the buscher thread. Great car, performance, & class act. I wonder if he did not own/race a gn car to if he would get the same response or just negativity? :confused:

first of all i did give props. i said nice car im sure it will fly! and that i love and at one time ran a low 10 69 bb first generation camaro i appreciate all muscle cars period! and like i also said im not trying to be an ass, just my opinion! if i offended anyone i am truly sorry not my intention! but wes dont put words in my mouth! and being a type writer tough guy does not make you look cool:cool: to cold 85 if i offended you i am truly sorry brother not my intention!

oh and a few more things to wes. why are you offending guys running in tso/tsa classes as arrogant a holes with big dollars! racing is racing brother! dont think for one minute that these racers arent breaking knuckles turning wrenches, tuning with 1000 different combinations [ boost,fuel pressure, timing ,compression,suspension settings] all to get the last few drops out of there machine! you might not have there bank account,or their love of racing. they are pushing the limits of what a stock block can do, and in the process feeding a lot of extremely valuable information to the buick community!!! try being calm before you react,cus it seems like you hate a lot of people on this site! as far as "real speed' we have guys running into the low 7s, and plenty of guys running deep into the 8s!!! might not be fast enough for you! and your classic:rolleyes: factory intimidating 88 monte!!

No one offended me I was just saying why I put it here.

I am a MOPAR guy but I like all fast cars and have had many GN's just not any at this time. I also agree about people being so brand specific is crazy. You should here some comments on my charger from the mopar guys about how they hate the wheels and the hood only belongs on a chevy. I always reply the same thing it is my ****ing car and if I will do what I like and careless about what they think.

^ your garage is sick!

Thanks here is a full pic of it

Lat shots were when I first moved in. I have more junk in it now.

IMG_1768.jpg

WebsitePics021.jpg

WebsitePics012.jpg

cars

first of all i did give props. i said nice car im sure it will fly! and that i love and at one time ran a low 10 69 bb first generation camaro i appreciate all muscle cars period! and like i also said im not trying to be an ass, just my opinion! if i offended anyone i am truly sorry not my intention! but wes dont put words in my mouth! and being a type writer tough guy does not make you look cool:cool: to cold 85 if i offended you i am truly sorry brother not my intention!

You came on here saying it should not be on this forum. That is why it is in the v8 conversion section right? You seemed to come across like you did not want anything on here but a gn with a v6. If he had of signed up with one post and put it in the tech lounge or regular section talking smack I could have seen you coming off like that but he was invited here and put it in the section where it belonged along with a great attitude and a great car. Like sgrim said the buick deserves alot of the credit for the turbo innovation for going so fast on such a small engine so welcome new innovation the same. Not trying to be a tough guy just gets old when so many are set in there ways and cannot support anything that is different from what they have or better than what they have. In the future spend your time typing to welcome someone instead of sounding like you don't want anything here but a buick. People wonder why these cars are a dying breed.

oh and a few more things to wes. why are you offending guys running in tso/tsa classes as arrogant a holes with big dollars! racing is racing brother! dont think for one minute that these racers arent breaking knuckles turning wrenches, tuning with 1000 different combinations [ boost,fuel pressure, timing ,compression,suspension settings] all to get the last few drops out of there machine! you might not have there bank account,or their love of racing. they are pushing the limits of what a stock block can do, and in the process feeding a lot of extremely valuable information to the buick community!!! try being calm before you react,cus it seems like you hate a lot of people on this site! as far as "real speed' we have guys running into the low 7s, and plenty of guys running deep into the 8s!!! might not be fast enough for you! and your classic:rolleyes: factory intimidating 88 monte!!

My point is the guys who are so brand specific with the attitude not all of them. I respect the buick and those who represent the sport right. Owned many myself and will take a whipping from many of v6's to come. I am content with that. I respect the hard work of those like RichieHighPsi on this board who did alot with less. No strokers, no stage stuff, no ball bearing turbos, wheeling and dealing. To those who can afford it more power to them as well it is just the ones who are so damn arrogant that they can't see past their nose to respect anything outside of a freaking grandpa car painted black with a turbo v6. Speed lol. Guys? Anderson, Gallina, Freeman? That is a small group in the 7's and one in the 6's. Yes the v6 is impressive. Never said it was not. Just not something everyone can afford. I dislike those who represent the attitude as you seem to have. I like g body cars. Would take a olds hurst anyday of the week with its weak ass motor as well. Factory intimidating lol. 245 hp buick vs 175 hp monte. Wow that is a big difference. Neither of those hp ratings hold a candle to anything out there this day and time. There are 300 hp v6's coming out in camaros now. Your the one with the typical new york attitude. What is wrong my friend are you an angry new yorker?

You came on here saying it should not be on this forum. That is why it is in the v8 conversion section right? You seemed to come across like you did not want anything on here but a gn with a v6. If he had of signed up with one post and put it in the tech lounge or regular section talking smack I could have seen you coming off like that but he was invited here and put it in the section where it belonged along with a great attitude and a great car. Like sgrim said the buick deserves alot of the credit for the turbo innovation for going so fast on such a small engine so welcome new innovation the same. Not trying to be a tough guy just gets old when so many are set in there ways and cannot support anything that is different from what they have or better than what they have. In the future spend your time typing to welcome someone instead of sounding like you don't want anything here but a buick. People wonder why these cars are a dying breed.

My point is the guys who are so brand specific with the attitude not all of them. I respect the buick and those who represent the sport right. Owned many myself and will take a whipping from many of v6's to come. I am content with that. I respect the hard work of those like RichieHighPsi on this board who did alot with less. No strokers, no stage stuff, no ball bearing turbos, wheeling and dealing. To those who can afford it more power to them as well it is just the ones who are so damn arrogant that they can't see past their nose to respect anything outside of a freaking grandpa car painted black with a turbo v6. Speed lol. Guys? Anderson, Gallina, Freeman? That is a small group in the 7's and one in the 6's. Yes the v6 is impressive. Never said it was not. Just not something everyone can afford. I dislike those who represent the attitude as you seem to have. I like g body cars. Would take a olds hurst anyday of the week with its weak ass motor as well. Factory intimidating lol. 245 hp buick vs 175 hp monte. Wow that is a big difference. Neither of those hp ratings hold a candle to anything out there this day and time. There are 300 hp v6's coming out in camaros now. Your the one with the typical new york attitude. What is wrong my friend are you an angry new yorker?

i think that last comment really sums you up! :frown:

Let's keep the personal comments to pm.

BTW Can my wife, son and I come live in your garage?

My point is the guys who are so brand specific with the attitude not all of them. I respect the buick and those who represent the sport right. Owned many myself and will take a whipping from many of v6's to come. I am content with that. I respect the hard work of those like RichieHighPsi on this board who did alot with less. No strokers, no stage stuff, no ball bearing turbos, wheeling and dealing. To those who can afford it more power to them as well it is just the ones who are so damn arrogant that they can't see past their nose to respect anything outside of a freaking grandpa car painted black with a turbo v6. Speed lol. Guys? Anderson, Gallina, Freeman? That is a small group in the 7's and one in the 6's. Yes the v6 is impressive. Never said it was not. Just not something everyone can afford. I dislike those who represent the attitude as you seem to have. I like g body cars. Would take a olds hurst anyday of the week with its weak ass motor as well. Factory intimidating lol. 245 hp buick vs 175 hp monte. Wow that is a big difference. Neither of those hp ratings hold a candle to anything out there this day and time. There are 300 hp v6's coming out in camaros now.

Thanks Wes!

It is not a requirement to own a TR to be a TurboBuick.com member... Alot of members here are not owners. They still enjoy the board and love to see what is going on with the GN world...

This forum in particular is for V8 turbo cars. There are alot of nice cars out there with turbo technology! No offense to anyone but if you don't care to look just don't open the thread's...

Been waiting on some parts before we could mock up the headers and they came in this morning

HEMI002.jpg

i am not goinig to keep posting on this thread out of respect to cold 85! im just going to say what this forum says [forum for guys retrofitting a turbocharger into your turbo regal] i have a 540 bbc turbo in my gn [read my post in this forum 274 or 540?] cold 85 was not insulted, explained his position with class as did you shane! i have better things to do than be political out here! once again i sincerly apologize to cold 85! in closing we can all have our differences! but how we handle them is what really counts!!

thread

i am not goinig to keep posting on this thread out of respect to cold 85! im just going to say what this forum says [forum for guys retrofitting a turbocharger into your turbo regal] i have a 540 bbc turbo in my gn [read my post in this forum 274 or 540?] cold 85 was not insulted, explained his position with class as did you shane! i have better things to do than be political out here! once again i sincerly apologize to cold 85! in closing we can all have our differences! but how we handle them is what really counts!!

Just chill out dude. Your the one who self proclaims cannot type yet you spend all that time to type on here to make a comment against a certain type of a car build being posted in this section. Instead of taking the time to make a comment in a negative manner about a subject make the post meaningful. Say something positive about it. The way it looks to me is that you seem to be the type that would only want this or the video/pic lounge for posting videos of gn's and T's nothing else. If that was the case then 86brick would be banned as he posts 50 videos a week of all sorts of representations of turbocharged, supercharged, n2o injected nice fast cars.

Regardless of what you like or dislike when it comes to cars how could you not want to see something as awesome as a build like this car here or on any forum? Those valve covers alone are sweet much less the rest of the car. American made classic car with alot of power. Kind of like women as long as they are classy and pretty you can't go wrong. Unless your gay then you would'nt like women either :confused:

To the TSM, TSO, TS whatever racers that worked hard to get to where they are no offense was meant. My point was just to those that think that if it is not a buick it is not worth a ****. That is the ones who aggravate me. Not all buick guys are like that just some. I know of those out there like Roy & Laz who are kind to everyone at the track no matter what they have.Then there are those that turn their noses up at anything non buick. I seen it in the ls1 community. They turn their noses up at lt1's. I seen it with the cobra guys turning their noses up at the 5.0 guys. If it was not for the previous model cars, engines, etc. the real pioneers of all of this there would be no hobby. That was my point and the reason I thought this sixslinger post was not needed. Those who are in this hobby for the right reason is what motivates me to keep working hard to get my slow ass junk going. I still own a turbo limited as well. What is wrong with a mustang? I will post some pics of a local one that used to be a bustang now it is a bbc stang but in 6 months it might get the stage II in it.

Cold85 please post all the pics you want of the charger, camaro, gn, whatever you have. Most of us on here appreciate it.

I just have a slow low 9 second stock V6 109 blocked Buick. Oh yeah, I am not offended. lets drop that part of the discussion.

Please post more pictures of this build we are all waiting to to see them.

Cool car and im glad you posted it as im going to put a twin turbo SBC in my 68 RS and was coming in here to learn more about the twin turbo set-ups..Im wanting twins so bad and my motor blew up this weekend and I cant see putting another SBC just to run 10s again..I want different and wont be happy till I have twin turbos under my hood....

So ill be lurking here and all over to find the best idea and deal for a budget 10 second motor with twins for a street driven poor mans set-up..

I bought my first turbo buick just several years ago. I love the looks of the car. The fact it had a turbo v6 didnt enter into my decision. I am getting older and was not enjoying the entrance and exit of the viper I owned. The buick is user friendly to us old folks and quicker in most cases.
Yes the v6 can be very powerful but lets not forget why. The turbo can make any motor powerful. We need to look no farther then the track times of some of the supras as well as the buicks and stangs. I enjoy looking at all of the turbo cars and have recently traded a stage 2 buick for a tt v8 buick. This way I get to still enjoy my fave car the buick regal and have a lot more affordable and reliable power.
I am getting some flack because its not a v6 but like someone said already it's my car.
Lets see more of all the turbo cars in the correct forum

Not much since last post the fire system has been put in and a new frame made for the fuel cell. Also have had mounts made for the turbos.

We have been trying to finish the motor build on the mustang in my sig and we have it on the dyno and it looks to be making over 2000hp with a single turbo 351ci and on gas not alky.

BRANSONCAMARO019.jpg

BRANSONCAMARO022.jpg

BRANSONCAMARO015.jpg

BRANSONCAMARO012.jpg