Outer Banks

kcs387

I'm going to Outer Banks N.C for vacation with the family for the firsts time and we are all looking forward to it. Has anyone ever bin there.

I was there a few years back for a freinds wedding. It was in September and the weather was ROUGH because it was right after a Hurricane. You couldn't even get near the beach without getting sand blasted however beer and freinds made everything better. :biggrin:

Looks like it could be a real fun place with good weather though. Enjoy.

Do you mean now or summer?

It is a nice area, When we were there a bunch of little sea turtle invaded the beach & my son loved following them around.

What ruined the vacation was the sloppy upkeep of the time share we rented.
They gave us a unit on 6th floor with no screen on window. NOT a good idea for a 4 year old! Went to talk to the dense manger & in her slow drawl I had to explain it to her why we wanted a room change!

Next was the broken beer bottle my son steppped on in the pool grounds. YOU BET YOUR AZZ I had the management PAY for the Clinic xray & bandage of my son's foot.

This stems back to my BASHING of N. Carolina in another thread. But like everyplace in this country a bunch of F-ups exist.

We r going in June and we got a house for a week so i hope the weather is going to be nice.

We went a few years ago in the summer.

Depending on where you stay it could be a nice relaxing vacation or you could be stuck in traffic jams for 2 hours each day.

Our rental car was a 4X4 which was nice to drive onto the beachs .

Used to go all the time when I lived in Virginia. Now that I live in FLA, I don
t go any more. But teh Outer Banks has some great wide beaches, and depending on where you go can be peaceful and quaint as well. We had gotten to where we liked to stay on Ocracoke Island below Hatteras. It's a long narrow island off the coast with a village on the south end....and not a whole lot else. Even if you are not staying there, worth a day trip and ferry ride over. Have fun, and enjoy the lighthouses.

Depends on exatcly where you are going. The Outer Banks to some people are alot bigger than what we in NC call the Outer Banks... If you are truly on the Outer Banks you will enjoy it. Not alot to do far as entertianment but plenty of wide nice beaches... Usually pretty quiet and peaceful!

If you are towards the north you can go see the Grave Digger facilty, pretty cool I hear. Also Gbodyparts isn't but about 2hrs away;)

Been here since 94..I LOVE IT !! what do you want to know??
I grew up in upstate NY(10 min. north of Lebanon Valley...) now i go up Stephentown for 'vacation'!!! :eek:
as far as this beach you can get yourself in lots of crappy spots if you are not familiar....I'm sure thats true for any place you go ....

as far as traffic....I don't even use the 'by-pass'(158) in the summer..I roll down the beachroad (RT12)...no stop lights...35mph ..I do,of course,stop at the cross walks for the folks going to the beach to enjoy our fine sand!!:biggrin:

Chris

We r going to be staying in Carova. Is there mach to do in that area. I hope the weather will be nice.

The outer banks of North Carolina has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. A buddy and I flew down to Beaufort, NC yesterday for lunch and I remembered why I love that area so much. My family and I love to stay in Beaufort where you can take a water taxi to the Shackleford banks and be pretty much alone on an island with some wild horses. The last time we went, we walked for 2 hours on the beach and never saw another person. My wife loves to walk up and down the docks looking at boats and shopping in some of the neat little stores. Waterfront dining is also excellent, many restaurants to choose from. When I retire, I will be living on the North Carolina Outer Banks.

June the Tuna are running great down here if your into fishing. That is one of the reasons I re-located to NC was the outer banks. I use to travel from MD. every year in June just to fish.

If your not it is still a great place to hang out on the beaches.

The outer banks of North Carolina has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. A buddy and I flew down to Beaufort, NC yesterday for lunch and I remembered why I love that area so much. My family and I love to stay in Beaufort where you can take a water taxi to the Shackleford banks and be pretty much alone on an island with some wild horses. The last time we went, we walked for 2 hours on the beach and never saw another person. My wife loves to walk up and down the docks looking at boats and shopping in some of the neat little stores. Waterfront dining is also excellent, many restaurants to choose from. When I retire, I will be living on the North Carolina Outer Banks.

See that is not what I call the "Outer Banks." I was actually born and lived in Morehead City. It is a beautiful place none the less. We have a house on the ICW just down the road. It is the best thing on earth to my mom... Me personally:eek:

The real "Outer Banks" is anything Hobo-ken and North... Beaufort, Atlantic Beach, Emerald Isle, etc is considered "The Crystal Coast."

This past year I have made a few trips and plan on going back next month. It's no disney world for the family but a great place to relax and golf :cool:

This past year I have made a few trips and plan on going back next month. It's no disney world for the family but a great place to relax and golf :cool:

LOL you got that right:biggrin: I got sick of it when I was a child;)

See that is not what I call the "Outer Banks." I was actually born and lived in Morehead City. It is a beautiful place none the less. We have a house on the ICW just down the road. It is the best thing on earth to my mom... Me personally:eek:

The real "Outer Banks" is anything Hobo-ken and North... Beaufort, Atlantic Beach, Emerald Isle, etc is considered "The Crystal Coast."

Good call. I guess technically, the Outer banks start at Okracoke and go North to Corolla. I like the Crystal Coast even better. Beaufort is my favorite area, I also like Atlantic Beach and Emerald isle. Nags Head is a nice area, and all pilots need to visit the Wright memorial in Kitty Hawk. A good friends dad has a house in Marshallberg that overlooks the lighthouse. All of the North Carolina coast is beautiful. I go as often as possible.

Good call. I guess technically, the Outer banks start at Okracoke and go North to Corolla. I like the Crystal Coast even better. Beaufort is my favorite area, I also like Atlantic Beach and Emerald isle. Nags Head is a nice area, and all pilots need to visit the Wright memorial in Kitty Hawk. A good friends dad has a house in Marshallberg that overlooks the lighthouse. All of the North Carolina coast is beautiful. I go as often as possible.

Yes it is awesome, I have been all the way town to Miami and it all looks the same to me:biggrin: Only difference is the amount of sand before the water starts. NC has some awesome pirate history and so fourth...

Our family went down in late august and we had a blast. Bring some drinks and just relax. Enjoy the scenery. Turn your cell phone off. We are going again this year.

We go every year. We usually stay down near or in Frisco, which is the last town before Hatteras Village. I do alot of fishing from the pier there. Its really the only thing I like to do besides work on my cars or race. Just ask my wife....;)