OTC 4000E Kit

blownbuick

OTC 4000E scan tool kit complete with GM ALDL adaptor that fits the Turbo Regal and TTA ALDL port. Scan tool is fully functional. Comes complete with scan tool, ALDL adaptor and '90 3in1 Domestic cartridge. The up arrow and #1 buttons on the scan tool have significant wear, but work fine (see picture.) $69 shipped. I do accept PayPal. Please email me for that address.

JT

Sorry! Here's the pic!

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    513.5 KB · Views: 52
Hmm...New to scan tools....What paramaters can this scant tool adjust? Will i need another tool to be able to compleatly tune my GN? Sorry for the dumb ?'s but im such a noob. I have a SM & PL but i need something to actually tune with. Thanks J.

For once, it was smart to keep something....lol!

The SPX Corporation OTC Monitor 4000E is a complete hand-held computer for OBD I (on-Board Diagnostics I) vehicles. The Monitor 4000E has many features and functions. This was a high-end model at the time of its introduction. This is not just a fault code reader/clearer. The following is a high-level summary of available features and functions:
Read Data Streams (able to read the value in real-time of the sensors connected to the OBD I system in your vehicle) - this includes engine, transmission, ABS brake systems
Record and playback the data stream (great for taking a test drive, storing all the data and reviewing after the test drive)
Read and Clear Fault Codes
Pathfinder II (this is a software program that assists you in triage (via on-screen menus, questions and help) of the problem you are diagnosing.
Read Data Streams
The Read Data Stream feature allows you to monitor the value, in real-time, of the sensors connected to the OBD I system in your vehicle. In addition, various information from the vehicle’s OBD I computer can be displayed, e.g. read back of the PROM I.D. The data streams differ amongst the manufacturers. The following is a brief guide of what’s available:
GM Engine: 99 data items; Transmission: 25 data items; ABS: 36 data items
Ford varies by OBD computer: EEC-II, EEC-III, EEC-IV, ISC-E, MECS, MCU, IVCS, ABS, Ride Control, Air Suspension, Transmission, Mark VIII Suspension, Nissan
Chrysler varies by engine model/vehicle line; covers - fault codes, switch tests, ATM tests, sensor tests, AIS motor, Module Information, EMR, Sol, Data Line, Basic CDR, O Test
Please note that not all features are available on all vehicles for a given manufacturer.
The kinds of data that can be displayed:
Battery voltage
Engine RPM
Coolant temperature
Vehicle’s speed
Vacuum pressure
O2 sensor(s) value
Ignition Timing
Injector Pulse Widths (for FI)
Spark Advance
Pollution Sensors value
Crank RPM
Throttle Position
knock Signal
Boost Pressure
Cruise Control
Fan Speed
Oil Temperature
Gear Ratio
Transmission Status
ABS Status (each ABS sensor, ABS computer status)
And the lists goes on.
Fault Codes Read and Clear
I believe most anyone looking at this auction understands this function - you can read the stored Fault Codes from the vehicle’s OBD I computer(s) and clear the fault codes. A very useful function when diagnosing the problem behind the Check Engine Soon light.

No guarantee on the above specs. As you can see, I copied it from an auction. I have no idea when. It will give you an idea of what the scan tool is capable of. I also have a manual available that covers this particular software cartridge.

JT

I sold that one, but I do have another 4000E in a little better shape on the buttons. This one will come with the Domestic Pathfinder '79 -'92 software cartridge, the User's Manual and the GM ALDL cable. I've included a picture. I apologize for the quality. My good camera is having a problem.

$95 shipped in the 48 states. I do accept PayPal to taylorprimetime@yahoo.com on this one.

JT

Attachments

• Photo0047.jpg
    Photo0047.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 7