Orange peel paint

Jseverin

Just received some pics of my newly purchased GN from the wife ( deployed and haven't seen the car in person yet) and it looks like its in great shape. There are two areas surrounding the T-tops and front bumper that have some paint fading however. I would like to have these areas re-painted but through some research I have learned that GN's have a unique paint characteristic known as orange peel. Have any of you that have had paint touch ups been able to spot a noticeable contrast between the orange peel and new paint, and does having this done hurt the collectibility and value of the car?

They only have original paint once...( as crappy as the paint was) GM used Lacquerer on our cars and it shrinks. The only way to fix these cars is to strip to bare metal and start over. If your car is a very low mileage original car , you need to make a decision as to whether or not to paint. If it is not a very low mileage survivor then do what you need to make it look better.
My car had 43k on it and the paint was shattered. There is a link in my signature with the car getting stripped and painted...
Good luck and thanks for your service !!

Bryan