Opinions of my new wheels wanted. PIC!

bishir

Serenity Now
Hey guys, looking for opinions of my new wheels. They are Dayton 20s rolling on Yokohama 245/40s. The car originally came with some original GNX wheels that I traded even up for this set. Hope you like... ;)

Attachments

• dubs.jpg
    dubs.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 507
Pimp the ride

Now to compliment the wheels, place a fake tan convertible top with port hole side windows. Oh put a gold front grill in place of the black one. Also place a continental spare tire on the trunk lid. Now your a true player.

LOL, I was wondering who would bite on that. Truth is, I am buying this 55k mile car. My uncle got it from an IRS auction. The rest of the car is stock, and I figure I'll be able to sell the rims. Does anyone have an idea of what they are worth?

You traded a set of REAL GNX wheels for those?! Sorry but someone else got the deal of a lifetime.:(

Originally posted by bishir
LOL, I was wondering who would bite on that. Truth is, I am buying this 55k mile car. My uncle got it from an IRS auction. The rest of the car is stock, and I figure I'll be able to sell the rims. Does anyone have an idea of what they are worth?
I was holding back until I saw what others were going to say...guess someone either spent all their money on wheels instead of paying the tax man, or the wheels were stolen and who the heck knows how they ended up with a GN that nice (the 55k miles part nice, not the wheels :D )

Well, whomever owned the car got busted hard because there were other vehicles at the sale from the same previous owner including some bikes. The only thing I;m unhappy about is that when the title was transfered to the sale they registered it as 155k miles instead of 55k so now the carfax is screwed up. However, it doesn't make since because the time before that a year prior it only had ~40k. Just goes to show carfax isn't entirely accurate.

Here is an interior shot.. I'm thinking about making a nice driver out of this one, and trying to make a nice profit on it down the road. It just all depends on if the wife lets me keep another car. :eek:

The "security" light still blinks for the factory alarm..

Attachments

• dscf0732.jpg
    dscf0732.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 435
Is that GN an 86? You might be able to go the state and re apply for the correct title mileage. I know some states once a car is over 10 years old they don't put the mileage on the titles anymore.

The rims i would put them on Ebay and see what happens.

Originally posted by SPOOLN
Is that GN an 86? You might be able to go the state and re apply for the correct title mileage. I know some states once a car is over 10 years old they don't put the mileage on the titles anymore.

The rims i would put them on Ebay and see what happens.

Yes, it's an 86. The mileage on the title is stated as "beyond mechanical limits" now, but in Florida it would be just "exempt." NOt really a big deal unless someone runs a carfax and wants to question it when I sell it.

Broke, I looked up the rims and they cost 600 new and the tires are 300 each new. Someone paid 3600 for this set new. :eek:

I was just about to send you a bad PM about those wheels on a GN......LOL. Car looks to be in nice shape other than the pimp ghetto wheels. I'm willing to bet you are getting a pretty good deal on the car.....kinda like what you did on the T...;) :D

As for the T.......Cheetah Stg 3 turbo, ported elbow are on the car now and it runs muuucchhhh better....:D Torn between an SMC alchy kit or doing the budget FMIC that's shown here in the lounge.....decisions, decisions....lol.

87 t

glad to hear the t is doing better lonnie.
u shuold take her to the track and see what she does. still running around stock boost?

Originally posted by Slo86GN
I was just about to send you a bad PM about those wheels on a GN......LOL. Car looks to be in nice shape other than the pimp ghetto wheels. I'm willing to bet you are getting a pretty good deal on the car.....kinda like what you did on the T...;) :D

As for the T.......Cheetah Stg 3 turbo, ported elbow are on the car now and it runs muuucchhhh better....:D Torn between an SMC alchy kit or doing the budget FMIC that's shown here in the lounge.....decisions, decisions....lol.

This isn't as good of a deal as the T, but I still feel I'll be able to drive it some and still make some money off of it. Heck, profit from the rims and tires alone should be worth it.

those wheels are super cheap unless they are real daytons they they are just cheap. you would know if they are daytons because daytons have the emblem and serial number engraved in the hub (the part where all the spokes meet in the middle) if they are 20's you can buy all four brand new for 499 on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43960&item=7961382068&rd=1
or if they are 22's they sell for 599 on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43960&item=7961382064&rd=1 you can also get tires a lot cheaper then 300 a peice. In all reality they are not worth very much if they are real daytons they will be worth a little more. Just trying to help you out. I dont want you to think they are worth a small fortune.

Originally posted by RyansGNdoes10s
those wheels are super cheap unless they are real daytons they they are just cheap. you would know if they are daytons because daytons have the emblem and serial number engraved in the hub (the part where all the spokes meet in the middle) if they are 20's you can buy all four brand new for 499 on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43960&item=7961382068&rd=1
or if they are 22's they sell for 599 on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43960&item=7961382064&rd=1 you can also get tires a lot cheaper then 300 a peice. In all reality they are not worth very much if they are real daytons they will be worth a little more. Just trying to help you out. I dont want you to think they are worth a small fortune.

Ha, I'm not going to take it personally. I'm just looking to see what they are worth so I can get rid of them for a fair price. As of right now all I know is that they say Dayton on the hub, and I only searched one site for the Yokohama tire price and they were 300. I can't check ebay right now, but I will when I get home.

Thanks,
James