OPen trailer or enclosed

SS/GN

What are most of you guys tow with a open or enclosed trailer and what do you use to pull it.:confused: The winter is long and we have 6 ft snow banks just thought of a subject nobody has beaten to death yet:eek:

I tow an open trailer 2,072.06 miles with a Chevy Silverado 1500. 16mpg at 75mph :)

IMG_0076.jpg

I use a 16' open trailer towed with an '01 Tahoe.

My towing distances are not as far as Brent's:eek: BG is about 3 hours away, C-bus is about 2 hours, Norwalk is 3 and Osceola is around 4-5. A buddy of mine used my trailer to pickup a Vette that was 10 hours away.

38" enclosed gooseneck with living quarters, & pull it with 06 GMC dually. but I just went out & bought a used 16' open trailer because the enclosed can be a PITA when I go to the local track.

39' Forest River 5th wheel Work and Play. Full living quaters 6k genset. I pull it with a GMC 2500HD with a 8.1 gas and an Allison 5 speed. With the car in it and packed with a weeks worth of suplies it weighes 22,800lbs. I only get 7 to 8 mpg.

30ft haulmark with couch, tv, ps2, and one of a kind air bagged 2000 f350 dually.

Attachments

• 101_0776.jpg
    101_0776.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 1,538
Question is not what you haul your car with, it's what you haul with your car...

Attachments

• ptp removal.jpg
    ptp removal.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 734
Where's a pic of the Dublin Hotel?:D

Actually this is the dublin hotel's annex. Ronnie lives right behind the dublin no-tell motel.

Attachments

• dublin hotel1.jpg
    dublin hotel1.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 715
  • dublin hotel2.jpg
    dublin hotel2.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 763
  • dublin hotel3.jpg
    dublin hotel3.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 729
f150_new_lights-1.jpg

and this:

uhaul.jpg

Works for me for the occasional catastrophic failure. I like to drive my car to the track.

Jim

Anyone interested...

... I could possibly set you up with one of these!;)

Attachments

• Brammer trailer 1.jpg
    Brammer trailer 1.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 667
What are most of you guys tow with a open or enclosed trailer and what do you use to pull it.:confused: The winter is long and we have 6 ft snow banks just thought of a subject nobody has beaten to death yet:eek:

That would be determined by your wallet, your amount of usage, space to store it etc. Either one will serve its purpose. If your hardcore, go with the enclosed. If you do this when ever you get some free time on your hands, go with a open trailer. Minus the mustang, this is what I use.
DSC00001.jpg