Open rear end

MauDeuce50

Need Rehab for Boost Addiction
I have an 87 T with an open rear end. Right now I have Nitto DRs and air bags it hooks ok but is there anything that would help it hook a little better? My budget wont allow me to get a posi at the moment unfortunately. Any advice is appreciated!

What air pressures are you running in each bag? Separate supply to them, right?

That's probably going to give you the best you can get out of an open rear.

You could try adding some weight to the right rear of the car, but you're pretty much done without a posi.

you can look at 3rd gen fbodys for a post at a good price i think paid 30 bus for one on from a wrecking yard a while back.

you can look at 3rd gen fbodys for a post at a good price i think paid 30 bus for one on from a wrecking yard a while back.

3rd gens are 7.5" type diffs. 2nd Gens or S-10's would be a better source for a 28 spline 8.5"

Try PowerTrax locking unit. You can install it yourself as you don't disturb gears! Available from Summit or Jegs.
Conrad

Or you can go full on Kentucky and weld your spider gears together. Just kidding, please don't do that.

Yeah i looked into getting one but i was quoted 600-800 for labor :eek:
Wow. That seems high. if only changing carrier you only have to set back lash and not pinion depth. I have set over 200 gear sets and it should only be 2-3 hours max
If right equipment. If I have everything I need I can do in in an hour.

Wow. That seems high. if only changing carrier you only have to set back lash and not pinion depth. I have set over 200 gear sets and it should only be 2-3 hours max
If right equipment. If I have everything I need I can do in in an hour.
Yeah it sounded high to me too