open heart surgery

Bad Boyz

About 5 yrs ago I noticed a change in my breathing.Figugured I was getting out of shape.As each yr went by I got worse.So last yr when I was at the Va hospital I wanted a check up.Everything seemed ok.What they should of done was give me a stress test They didnt.I didnt show any signs.For my age I looked pretty good.4 weeks ago I had my check up again.Told them I was runnng out wind and my chest was burning.They said it was acid reflux and not to worry.Fit as can be.Well a couple of weeks ago I suffered 2 major agina attacks which lasted a 1/2 hr apeice.They feel like your heart is in a vise & some one is closing the jaws.Not fun.So I drive myself to the Va er Hour later Im own my way to another hospital to have a stent put in one of my veins by my heart.They couldnt do it I had four arteries plugged Need a 4 way by pass.The Va refused to pay for that one THey wanted me to go Mass Va & let Bozo the clown operate.No way .I stayed where I was.5 days later it was done.Never gave it a thought.Do or die.Its going to be an uphill battle that Im going to beat even if it kills me.That doesnt sound good.For some reason Ive been given a second chance.Thats my story & Im sticking to it.Before I left I gave my dog 3 kisses & told him that I loved him & that I would be back.I never tell my loving wife that I love u.Must be a male thing .Well that will change.While I was recovering I always asked how is the dog doing?She would reply good.Then she breaks my heart by saying Ive been sleeping on your side smelling for your scent.That my brothers & sisters done me in when she said that.She helps me work on the car.The other day she says I like helping you work on your.car even though I never drove it. That will change.Well Ill be sitting next to her.I havent completely lost my mind.I dont care how old or young you are The silent killer will get you .An old saying is live today as if it would be your last.Cause it could very well be it Love the one your with.

And the VA did the job right? :p

Every time I go to the VA I am worried that the people that work there don't really seem to know what they're doing. Actually, most medical facilities... I digress...

Glad to hear everything has worked out well.
Good Luck in your imminent battle.

No I didnt let the VA do it The hospital I was at is rated 10 in the country.U cant beat that.The VA just sent me a letter stating I need lower back surgery.Forget that.They do have good DRs.At my age they can pratice.If they fck up HE was do to go anyways THey screwed up my left eye some.

Good to see you are doing well.

It has been my understanding when a patient complains of chest pains that they do an EKG. Did they do one on you?

wow, i never liked va/military doctors if thats what you call them. i will keep you and your family in my prayers and i hope you get well soon.

Glad to hear you did well , I went in for my yearly physical , told the doc i went on a goat hunt in Alaska , climbed a mountain to get the goats , iim in good shape for my age , i made it but i had to stop several times to catch my breath , had tighness in the chest . The doc is sending me for a stress test , just to make sure , good luck to you

Holy crap!! :eek: No wonder you haven't come over to pick up those frame braces yet.Give me a call when you're feeling better, buddy.

If it makes you feel any better , at 49 (7 years ago March 29th) I had quad bypass. Same deal , I knew something wasnt right and went in for physical that led to stress test and then to heart cath. on thursday afternoon. Friday at 6 AM I was in surgery!! Yes I view life differently now!! Actually I cant believe all I missed!! I stop and smell the roses now. Best of luck in your recovery efforts, therapy and life afterwards. Mike:cool:

I will keep all of you & your families in my prayers, and for the record, I'm 65 very soon so I had better put my name on the prayer list too. Keep up the good fight.

Where in MA did they want to send you? Brighton Marine in Boston is associated with St. Elizabeth's which is an excellent hospital. Her Dr's at Brighton were very helpful and through. Both her and my late Dad have had several surguries at St E's and were fine. My Mom has since moved to NH and goes local but still gets meds from BM pharmacy.
Good luck with your recovery.

best wishes, and prayers sent to you!

your story made me think, (I'm 60, and well fed,LOL)
now that you have had a wake up call,
enjoy life for today, for what it is, not what you wish it was,
your wife knows you love her, but I can guess she would love to hear it from you, she opened her heart to you, did you accept it? I'm thinking so.
not to preach, progress thru each day as if it were your last ( you never know) I never forget to tell the wife I love her, even tho she knows it.
makes me feel better during the day (should something happen)

I hope you are back to being yourself soon, and your lucky, you got another look at life, enjoy the wife, Buicks, dog.
take care

Good Luck on your Recovery. :cool:

I hope you Do have a New appreciation for the special Things in Life.

My wife Drives the GN all the Time. I love the look on her face when the car gets loose at 50 mpg :biggrin:

Glad you are doing better, that must of been some scary ****.....I had a knee replacement at my VA Hosp, that went bad, had 3 surgeries to get better. Only good thing is that they rated me at 100% for 13 months (2,800 a month). Won't make me rich, but it sure helps out...............but damn I ate a lot of oxycodone......hundreds I tell ya. You say that the VA would not pay for it. Do you have any service connected disabilities?

I would like to thank you all for the kind words.You all made me cry.For some reason at this time in life Im breaking down easy.Emotioal I guess.

I would like to thank you all for the kind words.You all made me cry.For some reason at this time in life Im breaking down easy.Emotioal I guess.

Let your Wife drive the Buick and we wont say anything about the tears :tongue:

Take care