Open challenge???

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm ... where to start?
Well, I'm not into bashing and I dont care if your car is quicker or faster than my truck. So, I'll just say if you can beat me ... fine.
As for not being at the track, I was there. I missed the run (when the pipe blew). I was just standing around watching what happened. I saw one GN run 11.19. That's cool.
Anyway, I'll just come out with the numbers ...
On the ragged edge (and more nitruos than I care to admit), and I'll never do it again, I'm sure.
On 110 (I run pump gas now because I drive this thing every day) it ran 10.885@125.27. And that makes it the 11 second Ranger I claim it to be ( hey, atleast it DID run a 10 second pass).
Someone said Rangers can't hook well enough to run quick ETs. All I can say is "that is incorrect." it only required a 1.676 60' time( I still say it will pull 1.60, but that doesn't matter).
60' = 1.676
330' = 4.564
1/8 = 6.971 @ 100.03
1000' = 9.087
1/4 = 10.885 @ 125.27
My Ranger is inconsistent so I'm not bragging or bashing (in fact I tell everyone it runs 11s and I get flack for that). Those are the numbers. If you can beat me, you can beat me. I'm OK with it.
You have to understand, I get tossed every time I make a good pass because I have NO roll bar. My truck is a sleeper. I refuse to have a cage in a daily driver. Call me crazy.
Whoever said the Ranger is BS ... what can I say, it's not. Mine's not the only one out there, either. Have fun guys and don't be so eager to say something is impossible. You never know.
:cool:

Originally posted by slow Ranger

1/8 = 6.971 @ 100.03
1000' = 9.087
1/4 = 10.885 @ 125.27
You have to understand, I get tossed every time I make a good pass because I have NO roll bar. My truck is a sleeper. I refuse to have a cage in a daily driver. :cool:

Cool run!:D 100 in the 1/8th is no slug and to trap 125 is a good big end charge. I've been toosed from moroso before so I know what you mean. Nice to see someone cool make a post on here and not start a flame war. I would love to see you run sometime.

Thanx, Joe, it was a one time deal. I just wanted to know what it would do if I pushed it. I'm happy it runs after that beating. I had plans for a new engine before that run. They got put on hold when my daughter was born, so I'm stuck with this engine. That means 125 hp nitrous shot is all it will get from now on ... for a while, anyway.
I won't be starting flame war. GNs are one of my favorite cars. I wanted to be different, so I built my Ranger.
11 second EFI Rangers are as rare or more rare than GNs. :) The fact that mine's EFI shows I wanted to be different, even from most V-8 Rangers.
I would say you can see me run it @ Moroso, but with the way they are enforcing rules these days, I don't bother to go much anymore. It's a shame because I used to race there there at least once a week. I also got a little pissed with the 50% increase in racer entry fee (I think it's arrogant of them when I know I can go to other tracks that are MUCH better for $10). Can you say "monopoly"?
Sometimes I go to Desoto and I went to Ohio and raced @ Thompson last summer. I went to Madison IL (East ST Louis) last weekend, but I didn't race. I just went with a load of transmissions to sell. That is an awsome track, though.
:cool:

If you want an interesting experience, you can come out to Sebring International Raceway. Part of the track has a quarter mile dragstrip. It's not a bad track, you just can't run quicker than high 8s due to the short shutdown area. There is a turn at the end that would be too hairy if you need a chute to slow down. The beauty of this is that tech is pretty lenient and you can basically run as many times as you wish due to not being in a populated area. Last time I went to a test and tune, I could run as many times as I wanted, back to back without any waiting. :D

Nice run

Nice run RANGER, I know what you mean about the enforcers at Moroso. But I would ne be to hard on her she seems quicker than most Rangers. I am sure that she could only get better. I would have to agree that your truck shoulf do 1.60ft times. I have a buddy of mine that is a Ranger fan and he has a friend that has a Ranger that pulls that and consistently. So, keep trying you really don't have that far to go.

BSB, sorry to hear about the pipe man, want I should bring over some DUCT TAPE and TIE WRAPS?? (LOL) It's a REDNECK thing. Naw really man sorry that happened to you. But look at the bright side, at least you still HAVE YOUR CAR..

As far as me, well no word yet on Southern Comfort. So, I really do not know what to think. Here is something for you all to chuckle on.. My wife called this Psycho, I mean "Psychic Talk Line" Well she had spoken with them before when she was pregnant and they prettymuch told here some truths about what she could expect. Well, then told her, she says, without asking that they will find my car, but that they could not see what condition it would be in. They told her it was an organized thing since we live in a secluded area. Well, I am not a fan of these things I would never call as I think they are all BS. But, still would be cool to find out if they are right. Hey, at least there is still a shread of hope fr me to cling to.. Otherwise, soon I will be coming to you all for another 87 GN.

Gonna go know catch you all later.
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.