oo COBRA & 99 TA go down

T

TurboSUV

My girlfriend and I went out for dinner Sat night and everywhere we went someone wanted to race. I didnt entertain most of them but I did play with two of them. The first was a oo Cobra, I cleaned his clock so bad that my girl friend said " he sure is aways back there are you sure he was racing?" So I slow up for the next yellow light and sure enough he revs at me the light turns green I give him the leave and spank his ass before we make it through the intersection :D he gives me the thumbs up and we go on our way to dinner. After dinner I have this 00 or 99 Firebird riding my bumper so I move over to the slow lane and he does a fly by then slows to around 40mph he gives the nod and we give him a good look at the tailgate. I slow up for the next light and he wanted nothing to do with us, wouldnt even look, his girlfriend/wife looked kind of embarresed and PO'd.

TurboSUV 12.090 @116.85

Good kills TurboSUV

They must of felt pretty stupid losing to an SUV... let alone a V6 SUV... There's really no shame in losing to a turbo Typhoon from a stop and especially one that runs 12.0 @116!!!:eek: :D AWD and Turbo must be fun:)

Good Kills!

Wow…What did you do to that truck to get 12 flat at 116!!! :eek: That’s pretty cool ;)

A guy I used to work with was running his mouth about how fast his Ty was stock. Then he bought a K&N filter and a chip and said he was running mid/high 13s. I raced him in my old ’99 Z (running mid 13s) and we were pretty even from a slow roll, but on the expressway I roasted him. We never went from a dead stop though, he would have done much better then probably.

The Cy/Tys only shine from a dead stop. Just imagine being able to leave the line with like 13psi of boost and hooking it all to the Ground.
Thats what makes them so damn fast.
Though I would never call them slow from a roll either.

What was the stock 1/4 mile time ofr a Cyclone? I know 0-60 was what 4.3?
I thought theTyphones were faster than high 13's stock I thought they were low 13's.
Hey its amazing what GM engineers can do when the BEan counters leave them alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw a stock Ty at my track recently that was only running 14.1s at 95. My track is usually about 2-3 tenths and 2-3 MPH worse than the average/good track. So he might have run 13.8s at 98 or so some where else...

RPM WS6,

When my Ty ws stock it ran 14teens after installing a chip, cold air kit,AFPR, gutted catcon,good fuel pump I could run 12.80's @105 the rest of the truck was bone stock. I now run 98 vortec heads a custom cam and a much larger turbo. The stock engine would not pull past 4000 RPM. My new enigine pulls to 6000 RPM and I can race from a roll with good results. I can not leave the line with over 3#'s of boost or I will do a AWD burn out through first gear:D . I usually launch with no boost and still run the 1/8 mile @ 7.7-7.8 @ 93. I plan on going to a larger turbine housing to kill a little bottom end and add to the top end . I would like to see a 120MPH trap speed instead of the 116 I am seeing now @ 21#'s of boost. Or I could just turn the boost up to 28#'s.

Turbosuv

Originally posted by TurboSUV
RPM WS6,

When my Ty ws stock it ran 14teens after installing a chip, cold air kit,AFPR, gutted catcon,good fuel pump I could run 12.80's @105 the rest of the truck was bone stock. I now run 98 vortec heads a custom cam and a much larger turbo. The stock engine would not pull past 4000 RPM. My new enigine pulls to 6000 RPM and I can race from a roll with good results. I can not leave the line with over 3#'s of boost or I will do a AWD burn out through first gear:D . I usually launch with no boost and still run the 1/8 mile @ 7.7-7.8 @ 93. I plan on going to a larger turbine housing to kill a little bottom end and add to the top end . I would like to see a 120MPH trap speed instead of the 116 I am seeing now @ 21#'s of boost. Or I could just turn the boost up to 28#'s.

Turbosuv

Cool :cool: Your truck sounds like a beast man! :D

Those are some nice 1/8 mile times for a soft launch, I usually run 8.0s/8.1s @85 n/a. Remind me not to race you!

Great kill(s)!!! But, it probably was a 99, no 2000 Cobras were made because of the HP controversy. Nice job anyway!!! :)

Originally posted by Kyle F
The Cy/Tys only shine from a dead stop. Just imagine being able to leave the line with like 13psi of boost and hooking it all to the Ground.
Thats what makes them so damn fast.
Though I would never call them slow from a roll either.

What was the stock 1/4 mile time ofr a Cyclone? I know 0-60 was what 4.3?
I thought theTyphones were faster than high 13's stock I thought they were low 13's.
Hey its amazing what GM engineers can do when the BEan counters leave them alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Ty ran 13.7 @ 96 bone stock. 1.777 60' time on stock rims and tires - that's what I bought it for. From a stoplight, it's king. After 60, though, I gotta tuck tail and run 'cause whatever I just roasted with the AWD is comin' to get me FAST. From a 40 MPH+ roll, it's a dog. No two ways about it. It's a lotta fun, though, because everyone thinks it's another punked out low rider - all show and no go.

Jim