Only 1 psi when powerbraking?

flattype

I have a TE44 and a ATR 313 cam (dont know what the specs are) plus the basics. I reach 19psi once I get going, can only power brake to 2200 rpm. Higher stall convertor? How high and what brand is good? I want to be able to 60 ft around 1.8 with drag radials and I dont think 1 psi is going to do it.

flattype said:
I have a TE44 and a ATR 313 cam (dont know what the specs are) plus the basics. I reach 19psi once I get going, can only power brake to 2200 rpm. Higher stall convertor? How high and what brand is good? I want to be able to 60 ft around 1.8 with drag radials and I dont think 1 psi is going to do it.
Any scan tool readings? A rich condition will keep the turbo from spooling early on....???

Hmmm maybe I should try to lean it out a little. I have a scanmaster 2.1 and adjustable fuel reg. Showing around 790mv after a hard run. Reduce fuel pressure a bit?

flattype said:
Hmmm maybe I should try to lean it out a little. I have a scanmaster 2.1 and adjustable fuel reg. Showing around 790mv after a hard run. Reduce fuel pressure a bit?
I would talk to your chip maker about that....If you don't have a modern chip in there, get one made for your combo, then run the pressure they recommend. Either way you'll need to know what kind of O-2 readings you have while you're trying to spool it at the start. :)

Eric,
The car is rich, but the main thing is did you put a tire on it? Those 235 wont hold much if you still have them on.

No tire yet just the bald street tires. I think the brakes might hold a little better after I get a guy at work to bleed them out kind of spongy pedal. I just want this to launch hard. By the way thanks John drove the car around today really running strong spining the tires from a roll :biggrin:

A 3k stall is better matched to your cam and turbo. You should be getting more than 1 PSI, though, it'll just take a while. Check the driver's side header for cracks or other exhaust leaks, it'll kill spoolup as well.

I dont think theres any exhaust leaks its very quiet when your not in the gas and I dont hear anything leaking under the hood.

flattype said:
I dont think theres any exhaust leaks its very quiet when your not in the gas and I dont hear anything leaking under the hood.

When the header cracks on the driver's side, it may not even be audible. Look between the last 2 tubes on the header, they crack right between them.