Online version of the NHRA rule book...

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
http://www.geocities.com/boosted_eine/nhrarulebook.html

I saw this link a while back and bookmarked it being that this is the closest thing I have ever seen to an online version of the NHRA rule book.. Figured I'd post the link as it might be of help to some to use for basic/general reference, but please keep in mind this is old (not really sure how old) and it is not a substitute for a copy of the latest NHRA rule book...

If you look in the NHRA rulebook, It's hard to know what rules apply to our Buicks. Of course the General Regulations are easy to interpret.

But what classes do "WE" fall into? I personally look at the rules in Super Street (a 10.90 class) or Super Gas (9.90 class). Stock and Super Stock rules might also be good guidelines to follow as well. John Gallina ran in both Stock and SS with turbo cars.

It would be nice if NHRA and IHRA posted their rules on their websites.

turbodave231 said:
It would be nice if NHRA and IHRA posted their rules on their websites.

Yes it would and a quite honestly I can't understand why they don't :confused:

86brick said:
Yes it would and a quite honestly I can't understand why they don't :confused:

Why would someone buy the rulebook if they could download it for free? I think that has something to do with it :)

NJVetteGuy said:
Why would someone buy the rulebook if they could download it for free? I think that has something to do with it :)

you hit it :eek: :biggrin:

Duh..

NJVetteGuy said:

Good point, it's all about the mighty dollar :cool:

NJVetteGuy said:

If you want to race NHRA, you must be a member, so it stands to reason that you will have to buy a rulebook. Otherwise, why bother with NHRA rules.

Oh yes, I know, some tracks require you to run NHRA rules to run their tracks.

NHRA why would they be different than any other...

I've raced NHRA for long time now and I guess just like any other Sanctioning body it's politics politics!!

If you are in need of a rule book anyone that is a Member of National Dragster does receive one with there membership, but usually the track tech guys will help you out if you don't have one.......

Editedoutjustme2001matcowinwithKennyBernstien.jpg

Jessie Anne Rock
"Nobody gets paid just for showing up!"

Sheesh ! Stop yelling in that green color, switch to something angrier like red or just plain black.

Do you have a Buick motor in the dragster?

================

Thanks for the find on the rule book. As far as what class you're going to tech for, just go by the E.T. guidelines. You only look for the class rules if you're building a car for one. I like the local IHRA track (Cordova) a lot. Remember there are differences in IHRA tech vs. NHRA tech.

Dragsters make you go deaf. I guess she's just use to yelling?? :D

Any "illegal" links to the secret NHRA or IHRA rule book?

I'm looking for info on fuel system for one car, and seal belt mounting for another car. I hate drilling holes, then having to change something.

The link above shows rules for 1999/2000.