? on TSS rule

G

GNSCOTT

I was wondering if anyone can clarify a rule for me? I think its #14 about exhaust. It reads up to 3-1/2 " muffled system. Must reach the rear axel and exit the car on the side.

OK..now the question. Does the exhaust have to go over the rear axel?? I would really like to save some money here. A 3-1/2" single shot system goes for like $600. I would like to be realistic and just buy the two pipes for under $100 and put a bend at the end to have it exit just before the rear tire. I don't really want to go over the rear axel because of the wolfe sway bar, and a 3-1/2 might get a little dangerous, and going under the axel might throw up a few sparks. Just curious to know what others are doing

Scott, Why don't you get a clarification from Jim Haas -buick528@aol.com if I remember right.

I'm just planning on having the turn down a couple of inches before the axle. Enough room so that when the axle swings it won't hit.

thanks..I'll e-mail him today. I plan on doing the same, just don't wanna get shut out, having them say i'm 2"s short of reaching the axel.

it is...why did i get te letters mixed up orsomething??:confused: My rules say TSS rules for Bristol. Isn't "turbo Super street" ie. TSS????

I don't have the bristol rules, I was looking up the GSCA (Bowling Green) rules where TSS is turbo street stock. Stock appearing, stock heads intake, etc. Are the Bristol rules different? I sure would think that any class allowing Stage II heads and a sheetmetal intake would not care about mufflers, much less where the exhaust exited.
greg

Originally posted by GNSCOTT
I was wondering if anyone can clarify a rule for me? I think its #14 about exhaust. It reads up to 3-1/2 " muffled system. Must reach the rear axel and exit the car on the side.

OK..now the question. Does the exhaust have to go over the rear axel?? I would really like to save some money here. A 3-1/2" single shot system goes for like $600. I would like to be realistic and just buy the two pipes for under $100 and put a bend at the end to have it exit just before the rear tire. I don't really want to go over the rear axel because of the wolfe sway bar, and a 3-1/2 might get a little dangerous, and going under the axel might throw up a few sparks. Just curious to know what others are doing

If you're talking about TSS at the Nats, you better take a look at the rules as now listed at www.buickgsca.com. Exhaust on TSS and TSE cars "must muffle and exit at stock location." TBB lists "must muffle and exit at/behind the rear axle tube(s)." If you're not talking about the Nats, nevermind.

Art

Sorry.. I was referring to the bristol rules which are new for this year. Everything in my signature is allowed, and like i wrote,it says exhaust has to reach the rear axel,and exit out the side, nothing about the stock location. The class is limited by turbo size and weight penalties alone.