? on roller rockers

turboTURBO

ok, i am building my motor to look into hi 10's low 11's
i have 218/218 cam and was wondering about roller rockers... which should i get? where do i get them?? what else am i going to have to buy to have them?? pushrods? lifters? valve covers?? im still new to the GN world but learning...so as much advice as you can help me with..
let me know a web site or something also where i can get them
thanks, you guys are the best..

The roller rockers I purchased were from T&D.
I think they are the only people to make stock
replacement units for the buick heads.
Mine were about $400 about 6 years ago.
You should be able to pick them up from any T&D Vendor.
You will need taller valve covers. You may
want to check with RJC they are making a new set.
Lifters do not have to be differnt with the rockers.
The push rods might have to be changed.
I have been able to run a stock lenght set before.
Some people have to machine the heads or rockers
to get them to work, but I never had this problem.
With the 218 cam they would not be a bad idea but you
do not need them. Your choice should depend on the budget.

how fast and how much horsepower and boost can the stock shaft mounted rockers hold...?? also are the 85 and 87 shaft mounted rockers the same???

if i bought harland sharps 1.6:1 what else would i have to buy..??
springs?? pushrods??? valve covers?? if any of these where would i get them...?
sorry for so many ?"s

thanks for all help..

shawn

how fast and how much horsepower and boost can the stock shaft mounted rockers hold...?? also are the 85 and 87 shaft mounted rockers the same???

if i bought harland sharps 1.6:1 what else would i have to buy..??
springs?? pushrods??? valve covers?? if any of these where would i get them...?
sorry for so many ?"s

thanks for all help..

shawn

A friend of mine just put a set of T&D 1.65 roller rockers on his factory iron heads. The rocker shaft towers needed to be machined (rocker arms hit the side of towers).

roller rockers don't offer much (if any) performance for the buck......on a very high performance set up (mid 10 and down) there may be advantages

I used the T&D 1.65's on my iron heads and really didn't see any improvement

get a better shaft (like TA makes) and stick with the stockers

TA Performance

dunno if they are the same, but would ASSume they are (same heads)

thanks i looked there, they have roller rockers there too...
iits not going to hurt me if i buy the roller rockers...right??
i think im just going to buy them just to have them since my car is already torn apart...
how are the TA roller rockers...anybody know?

roller rockers

i have a brand new set of t/d roller rockers they cost 469.00 from t/d plus shipping mine are for stock heads and are suppose to just bolt on but the pestdals will have to be shaved somewhat for a perfect they are 1.60 ratio and cost 500.00 i will take 425.00 and i will ship can have reciepts too.

thanks for the offer, but im trying to figure out how all this works before i go buying some... i dont even know what else im going to have to buy when i get roller rockers..if i can use stock springs and pushrods and everything else... i dont know yet..

you should have no problems,are you heads milled?do you have the stock push rods?who installed you cam?you can ask them,i have heard that if you uc stock heads have the correct lenth push rods you will have no problem,when using alunimun heads people have push rod hole clearance problems,i have been told to stay with the stock or as close to ratio stock1.55,find out from the person who istalled you cam

heavy duty stock style rockers would do fine ..I've always run stock rockers on mine with no problem but I have a set of heavy duty replacements going on now just to help out with shaft flex

contact me and I'll tell you good place for the heavy duty stock style ...alot cheaper than rollers which really arent needed

and yeah 85 and 87 are the same rocker shafts