On crack V2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welby

So, I quickly got the hammer for my post yesterday. Perhaps I unfairly singled out one specific vendor for what I consider to be grossly overinflated prices, simply for the reason that theirs is the only "newsletter" that I receive.
The point of the post was not to necessarily bash one lone vendor, but is simply my frustration at the obviously overblown prices that are being attached to mundane parts for these cars nowadays.
The reality is, as nice as these cars can be, the truth is, they're nothing more than your average, everyday Buick Regal with a not so average, everyday motor. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it is something spectacular and glorious. Maybe the planet actually reversed its rotation when turbo Buicks were first put out for sale and perhaps I don't earn enough money to deserve to own such a fine piece of automotive history. Maybe "Sorry guy, come back when you can afford to be one of the cool kids" applies to me?
To see small plastic parts such as a used"front chrome plastic piece that the pull strap attaches to" listed for $75 +$10 shipping is completely absurd to me. Now I suppose I cant hate the vendor, he's just asking what people are willing to give. But in a sense, since these parts are no longer available, people are stuck in the position where "You'll pay what I ask you to or you won't get it at all". It's not a good thing for anybody, IMO. People will be priced out of the cars altogether and the vendors themselves will disappear due to nobody having the cars, period. Now I know it's about supply and demand, but what are vendors gonna do when the demand simply ends? There's a fine line in pricing fairly and gouging.
I'm not looking to cause problems and don't want to be banned, it's just an observation. Opinions are allowed here, right? ;)

Opinions are accepted and respected. Your reference to " on crack" was not acceptable. As is the title of this one.

There is a very simple answer to your question or your point. Search, if you don't like the price's of a vendor go to another. Or go to ebay, whatever.

If a man ask a million dollars for an acre of land and you don't think it is worth it. Is it your place to chastise him for it? No, you just look for another piece of property!

Vendors do pay the bills here. We do not offer them protection. We do offer them respect!!!!!!!! There is a big difference, you have made this point obvious!

Thanks for your input!

Status
Not open for further replies.