Old F body Plant

ozpont

.. went past the old "F BODY " plant at Van Nuys California this afternoon.. been going past for years.. but figured I'd capture a photo before all the previous parts were completely gone.. .. as it NEARLY has now.. minus a bit of the old fencing . its gone..
Back in 1989 I had visited the plant when it was pumping out around 800 cars per day on a two shift day.. all Camaros & Firebirds.

Today the grounds is a hardware & threatre mall... aka like so many.. but signage out front shows the Malls name as "The Plant" and its familiar symbols are in place.. for those that can see....
Anyway figured I'll photograph and log this for historical reasons etc .. before the grass finally grows over it completely...."dust to dust".... so to speak...

bop_van_nuys_748.jpg

vannuys_redev.jpg

Dave, are you still out there next week? Im flying out Saturday (3rd) and will be down in Huntington Beach for the week but plan on going to Long Beach swap meet on the 11th then returning back home on the 12th (late afternoon), would be great to hook up if possible.

Vn Plant etc

.. Jan.. I might get back around the VN area probably on Friday but got a really tight scheduale. In Vegas now for Sema. Would be good to catch up if your here this week.. but looks like we cross path's in the air...