Ok, School me.

1dollardog

Are we there yet?
Since I am new to the Ty's I need someone to school me in a few things. Does the Ty have a factory air ride system? Reason I ask is after I park it Every 3 minutes or so I hear a pump of some kind kick on for a few seconds. The sound comes from the rear driver side of the truck. It cycles through several times b4 it seems to stop.
Next question is about the torsion bars. I haven't taken a look yet but when I bought the truck the po had it lowered in the front and I wouldn't trade untill it was back at stock hight. School me on these adjustments please. I hope you guys don't mind me picking your knowledgable brains over and over haha. I have a few issues to work out like a hissing behind the ac/heat switch which I'm sure is a vac line and some cut and plugged vac lines under the hood and probably a couple more little issues. I'm sure this is just the start of my questions.
Steve

Steve,

If you haven't already go check out www.syty.net and do allot of research you'll find the answer to pretty much anything on there and if not then post the question everyone that know anything about these trucks usually roams that site.

To help with your question yes Typhoons came with a factory leveling system and it seemed to not work too well so its very common for owners to pull that system and add there own shocks.

Torsion Bar adjustment is just like any other S series truck. There is a bolt on the torsion bar mount that you can turn to adjust the ride height of the front end. The rear end you have to lower with blocks or drop springs

Vac lines are very important on these vehicles since they are not MAF they run off a MAP which relies heavily on vacuum so if your vacuum lines are in question I would replace them and check out the chart to see if everythings in order.

http://www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38259

Good luck

Ryan

Steve,

If you haven't already go check out www.syty.net and do allot of research you'll find the answer to pretty much anything on there and if not then post the question everyone that know anything about these trucks usually roams that site.

To help with your question yes Typhoons came with a factory leveling system and it seemed to not work too well so its very common for owners to pull that system and add there own shocks.

Torsion Bar adjustment is just like any other S series truck. There is a bolt on the torsion bar mount that you can turn to adjust the ride height of the front end. The rear end you have to lower with blocks or drop springs

Vac lines are very important on these vehicles since they are not MAF they run off a MAP which relies heavily on vacuum so if your vacuum lines are in question I would replace them and check out the chart to see if everythings in order.

http://www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38259

Good luck

Ryan
Thanks Ryan, I have registered over there a few days ago and followed the email link that was sent me as well as emailed the administrator but still can't post yet. Not sure whats up. I've been reading alot there though. Does the leveling system supposed to level even after the key is off? Mine seems to kick on occasionally. As far as vac lines I do hear the one behind the dash plus I see one large one plugged on the intake. I hate cleaning up after shadetrees.