Ok, pick a topic, any topic:

Gary Wells

White turbo Buick trailer park trash
This thread is dedicated to those of us who like to add a little extra off topic remarks & subjects. Please stay within the rules & guideliness of the board. Any topic is fair game other than those not allowed by TB.com rules & guidelines. Let the games begin:
Good to hear that you guys did well at Irwindale. So Lou, what does that equate in the quarter? Scott: what's your best et so far?

intake pipes

Wells said:
This thread is dedicated to those of us who like to add a little extra off topic remarks & subjects. Please stay within the rules & guideliness of the board. Any topic is fair game other than those not allowed by TB.com rules & guidelines. Let the games begin:
Good to hear that you guys did well at Irwindale. So Lou, what does that equate in the quarter? Scott: what's your best et so far?

which ones are out there :confused:

Kirban Performance has a few of them offered, in chrome,black powder coat aluminum, & maybe 1 in plain aluminum. Mark Hueffman has several offered on his site. I haven't decided on which one yet for me. I might go the Mark Hueffman cold air kit, nice looking set-up. How's life treating you, Javier? All cherries, I hope.
Mark Hueffman's site:

http://www.buickgn.com/mafpipes3INCH.htm

any topic?

Well, I got snowed on today. While this statment my not impress the northern half of the US, it impressed me, considering that I was in Orange County when it was happening. My self being a "good Californian", was wearing a sweatshirt, my warmest jacket, ski hat, and short pants. I was a bit cold and had no one to blame but my self. Next time!!! I'll bring gloves :D .

Wells said:
Kirban Performance has a few of them offered, in chrome,black powder coat aluminum, & maybe 1 in plain aluminum. Mark Hueffman has several offered on his site. I haven't decided on which one yet for me. I might go the Mark Hueffman cold air kit, nice looking set-up. How's life treating you, Javier? All cherries, I hope.
Mark Hueffman's site:

http://www.buickgn.com/mafpipes3INCH.htm

I think will be going marks a s well maybe the four inch all the way :eek:

Wells said:
I would guess it to be
12.35 @ 108.60 I ran all the conditions on my quarter JR. program & came up with that. What amazes me is a 1.70 60 ft. leaving at about 2800 with no more than 1# boost. Any more than that & it would lose traction. Again my goal is to see how well it will run in street form on pump gas, stock engine & turbo. I would like to dyno it next to get baseline H.P. These are real world conditions that most of us have to deal with on the street.That I can use to help my customers & friends & having some fun without going broke in the process.

turbolou said:
I would guess it to be
12.35 @ 108.60 I ran all the conditions on my quarter JR. program & came up with that. What amazes me is a 1.70 60 ft. leaving at about 2800 with no more than 1# boost. Any more than that & it would lose traction. Again my goal is to see how well it will run in street form on pump gas, stock engine & turbo. I would like to dyno it next to get baseline H.P. These are real world conditions that most of us have to deal with on the street.That I can use to help my customers & friends & having some fun without going broke in the process.
---------------------------------------
I will be interested in seeing what that will do on the dyno. Maybe it's time for a group dyno run & barbeque, or something like that. I would like to see mine on the dyno also, even though it will be the lowest HP & TQ at the show. You should dyno it now the way that it is and then maybe dyno it with that motor that you have tucked away in the shop. You know, the one that I drool all over when I visit the shop. Time for a group dyno, anybody else interested?

Wells said:
---------------------------------------
I will be interested in seeing what that will do on the dyno. Maybe it's time for a group dyno run & barbeque, or something like that. I would like to see mine on the dyno also, even though it will be the lowest HP & TQ at the show. You should dyno it now the way that it is and then maybe dyno it with that motor that you have tucked away in the shop. You know, the one that I drool all over when I visit the shop. Time for a group dyno, anybody else interested?

Be quiet Gary everyone knows that I'll have the lowest numbers...

ledzeppac said:
Be quiet Gary everyone knows that I'll have the lowest numbers...
----------------------------------
Phil:
you never go to these things anyhow. Your car mysteriously breaks when it is time for you to go to a function. I think that you must be the male version of Cinderella, appropriately dubbed "Cindefella" incognito, and your pumpkin breaks whenever it is time for you to go anywhere. Seriously, dude, if you would have said that you did not have a ride to the barbeque, I would have come over and given you a ride there. Missed a killer barbeque. Do you have your car back yet? How many sheep dances did Lou make you do?

Wells said:
Phil:
you never go to these things anyhow. Your car mysteriously breaks when it is time for you to go to a function. I think that you must be the male version of Cinderella, appropriately dubbed "Cindefella" incognito, and your pumpkin breaks whenever it is time for you to go anywhere. Seriously, dude, if you would have said that you did not have a ride to the barbeque, I would have come over and given you a ride there. Missed a killer barbeque. Do you have your car back yet? How many sheep dances did Lou make you do?
Gary! you preditor stop molesting that young boy. Also get your slobering mind off that engine in the corner.That reserved for the likes of Harold in case he gets too frisky.

Wells said:
Phil:

Huh... what functions does Socal ever have? My car is daily driven so shove the Cinderella BS up your :eek: I missed one event due to this!

Attachments

• rsz_bloody knee.jpg
    rsz_bloody knee.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 80
  • rsz_thumbs up.jpg
    rsz_thumbs up.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 83
ledzeppac said:
Huh... what functions does Socal ever have? My car is daily driven so shove the Cinderella BS up your :eek: I missed one event due to this!
-------------------------------------
By God, Phil, you're correct. I really never looked at it that way. Oops, my bad, I did not realize that we were so sensitive today. Besides that, it's Cindefella, not Cinderella. Anyhow, Glad that your car is back to running normal & see you soon at DD's.

dyno day

i could go for a dyno day. it would be nice to get real numbers rather than a hp calc from track times and speed.

Dyno Day For Me Also !!!

Now that I have put 1300 miles on the new rebuilt short block, and have run it at Irwindale (7.1 @ 96 mph - 18 lbs boost), I am ready to turn up the boost (25 psi) and see what type of HP numbers it will pull.

If all goes as advertised I hope to see around 550 RWHP

I have had this car since August of 05 (almost 8 months) so I need to put it to the test before I decide to SELL it. Everyone knows that I only keep my vehicles for 6 months to a year so time is definatly running out (lol)

PLUS, I now have a new toy in the household (If I can ever get it away from my wife !!!)

I bought her (ME !) a Black 2006 Chrysler 300C SRT-8 (425 HP, 6.1 L HEMI)

Its not a GN, but dam it's fast for a 4200 lb luxury sedan

Gary, check with:

"Harv's Performance Center"
12221 Rivera Rd., Whittier, CA 90606
562 907-7834

They have a DYNO and it's kinda local for the OC guys

Good group of people

Add me to the list

Later

Ray

SYTECH said:
Now that I have put 1300 miles on the new rebuilt short block, and have run it at Irwindale (7.1 @ 96 mph - 18 lbs boost), I am ready to turn up the boost (25 psi) and see what type of HP numbers it will pull.

If all goes as advertised I hope to see around 550 RWHP

I have had this car since August of 05 (almost 8 months) so I need to put it to the test before I decide to SELL it. Everyone knows that I only keep my vehicles for 6 months to a year so time is definatly running out (lol)

PLUS, I now have a new toy in the household (If I can ever get it away from my wife !!!)

I bought her (ME !) a Black 2006 Chrysler 300C SRT-8 (425 HP, 6.1 L HEMI)

Its not a GN, but dam it's fast for a 4200 lb luxury sedan

Gary, check with:

562 907-7834

They have a DYNO and it's kinda local for the OC guys

Good group of people

Add me to the list

Later

Ray

when you are ready to sell it let me know $$$ :rolleyes:

Another 300c SRT-8 in Orange

:frown:

Damn, here i go thinking I'm the only one with a new 300C SRT 8 and you've already beat me to the punch (lol)

Guess I gotta sell it and buy something else :D

How do you like it so far?

What color did you get?

Stop by and see me when you get a chance

(714) 926-6676

Later

Ray

:cool:

Gary, check with:
562 907-7834 They have a DYNO and it's kinda local for the OC guys
Good group of people Add me to the list Later Ray
--------------------------
Thanks, Ray, will add your name to the list.

SYTECH said:

Damn, here i go thinking I'm the only one with a new 300C SRT 8 and you've already beat me to the punch (lol)

What color did you get?

(714) 926-6676

Later

Ray

Got the Silver Steel Metallic Clear
;)
OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT
SRT Option Group I
Supplemental Side Curtain Air Bags
Air Filtering
SRT Option Group II
SIRIUS Satellite Digital Radio
GPS Navigation System
6CD/Full Map GPS Display Nav Radio
UConnect Hands-Free Communication
Power Sunroof
13 Kicker SRT High-Perf. Speakers
322-Watt Kicker SRT Amplifier
100-Watt Kicker SRT Subwoofer
Rear Seat Entertainment Video System

SYTECH said:

What color did you get?

(714) 926-6676

Later

Ray

For your info how are you breaks real dusty
here is a list of
TSB's (Technical Service Bulletins)
on our cars
1. TSB's (Technical Service Bulletins)
10/04/05 … 0506 .. #05-005-05 …. Front And/Or Rear Brakes Squeal When Braking .. (SRT)

09/09/05 … 0506 .. #23-041-05 …. Deck Lid Spoiler Fit .. (SRT)

07/21/05 … 0506 .. #18-031-05 …. Flash: Shift Hesitation During Wide Open Throttle 6.1L .. (SRT)

04/27/05 … 2006 .. #08-022-05 …. Flash: EVIC Displays extra Characters .. (3M)+(SRT)

03/12/05 … 0506 .. #02-002-05 …. Right Lead/Revised Alignment Specifications .. (3M)+(SRT)

4. RAPID RESPONSE TRANSMITTALS

10/21/05 … 2006 … RR-05031 … Hood Release Cable Grommet Not Seated … (3MR)
09/27/05 … 2006 … RR-05027 … Sunroof Will Not Close (Flash) … (3MR)
09/13/05 … 2006 … RR-05025 … Engine Coolant Antifreeze Protection … (3MR)
08/26/05 … 2006 … RR-05023 … Relieve Tension In Left Downstream Oxygen Sensor Wiring … (SRT)
08/09/05 … 2006 … RR-05020 … FLASH - Wireless Control Module Ignition Off Draw … (3MR)
05/05/05 … 2006 … RR-05007 … Glove box - Incorrect Kit … (3M)

Chart notes:

Model Year:

Model Year "2005" = 2005 models
Model Year "2006" = 2006 models
Model Year "0506" = 2005 & 2006 models

Applicable models code:

(3) = 300 series (may apply to ALL 300 series models)
(C) = 300C (may apply to ALL 300C series models)
(N) = 300N (may apply to ALL 300N series models)
(M) = Magnum (may apply to ALL Magnum models)
(R) = Charger (may apply to ALL Charger models)
(SRT) = SRT models ONLY (Magnum, Charger and/or 300C)

Examples: (3M) = 300 and Magnum; (CM) = 300C and Magnum, etc. :D

Lots Of Brake Dust

Great TSB info list, thank you

I have the Brilliant Black SRT-8

My options look like a mirror image of yours

My wife is using the car every day so I only get to play with it at night or on the weekends... :(

Since I traded in her Purple SSR to get the SRT-8 she feels that she should get to drive the SRT 8, unless of course I want her driving the Grand National everyday to work :eek:

And we all know that ain't gonna happen... :cool:

Are you going to the M&G on the 25th over in Irvine?

Later

Ray