ok figure this one out

mattsTurboT

alright hello . 87 regal turbo t. , 154,000miles. ok car runs like absolute **** at idle 90 percent of the time. blms start at around 128 along with INT at 128. then when engine comes out of warm up mode blms drop right down to 150-160...it sometimes stalls soon after blms go crazy..and rpm goes down to 600-750...exhuast seems loud when it is at idle at low rpm.... and INT sometimes stays around 128 but sometimes its as high as 150 or so... high O2 readings at Wot.. 810-860. one time i saw a 910. then at idle sometimes all of a sudden 02s go to 030-100. driving around at cruising speeds seems is nice and smooth.. but as i step into it a little bit blms will go from 125-135 up to 145... fuel pressure i put around 38-41 with vaccum line off at idle... a couple times when my 02s get real low it has thrown a code 44 or 34 whichever is the lean condition.

ok details..

stock injectors
leaking vc gaskets
leaking lower intake gaskets
sprayed wd40 on injectors(all were sealed good)
got a bunch of new vaccum lines and have went over other to find any leaks
remanufactured ecm
remanufactured maf
RA 93 chip
???

please give me a diagnosis doctors!!!

:)

ive been having a similar problem since ive rebuilt the motor and i put a lot of new stuff so i had a new chip burned icve checked everything but the chip maybe you need to look into that as well

chip

hey thanks for the quick reply,. yeh i dropped the stock chip in there a while backand there was no change :mad:

anyone else????

Sounds like when it goes into closed loop, it craps out. With the wacky O2 readings, I would suspect the O2 sensor.

o2 sensor

hey man thanks for the reply. hmm the 02 sensor(as delco) is pretty damn new maybe 2 months at the most. could the original owner have fouled it when installing it.? i think he said it ran like that before the new 02 sensor.. sometimes when i let off of the gas when i get on it pretty good the o2s go to 000 and sometimes stay like that if i dont hit the gas for 5-10 seconds ..????

You said the lower intake was leaking. DUH!

High BLM's mean the ECM is adding fuel. Leaking intake means vacuum leak.

Therefor, I'd say vacuum leak :)

I agree with turbo Jim check those intake gaskets and everything else real good for vacuum leaks. Is your drivers side exhaust manifold cracked and leaking?

O2s really dont matter at idle or crusing, they wont read correct.

At WOT your better with higher readings 800+ then to too low.

But I agree on vac leak, maybe causing the low FPR too.

No need to figure it out... you already did. You have a vacuum leak and probably an exhaust leak since you mentioned exhaust being loud at initial start-up. Once you go into closed loop and the ecm starts reading from the O2 sensor your block learn goes to 150-160 [which means the ecm is seeing a lean condition and will add fuel] This is why you are running so rich. Fix these and you will be fine. Check your plugs though because they are probably fouled from all the fuel. If you keep driving the O2 sensor could go bad as well. Smell your oil - it probably smells like gas from running so rich. I would fix the problem before driving or you could do more damage to your engine IMO