Oil return fitting size??

22lbChevelle

I need the fitting that screws into the block for the turbo oil return line.

I know the block threads are 1/2 NPT but what about the oil return line threads?

Thanks!

Anyone have a source for these? I bought a oil return tube only to find out it doesnt thread directly into the block.

I believe it's just 3/4 NPT. The fitting that screws into the block is a garden variety hardware store pipe reducer.

try calling gbodyparts for that fitting
or post in the wanted section maybe someone has one laying around

So KendallF you think its a 3/4npt to 1/2npt reducer?

Thanks Pacecarta, I will try that if I cant find it in a hardware store.

I'll try to look tonight. I actually have one sitting out on a block that I just drilled for a return. It's approximately 3/4 NPT size but I didn't look closely at the threads to see if it's tapered or not.

Yea I just got to thinking that it cant be npt because the threaded bushing on the return tube is free to move about. Let me know what you find out! Thanks, Dan

The stock return line is an inverted flare fitting. It is going to be very difficult to find in a hardware store. Order up a new braided drain hose from G-body. Done deal.

Kens right it is a inverted flare fitting.
Dan I have afew of those fittings that are brand new. $10 mailed to you.

Dan, here it is.

Anybody else needing one let me know.

Attachments

• 1715.jpg
    1715.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 148
  • 1716.jpg
    1716.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 149
3/4-18 inverted flare thread.

Try looking on fittingandadapters.com they have alot fittings and are very reasonable.

The 1/2" tube size is 3/4-18 inverted flare.

Regards, Turbo E38

Thanks for the link Turbo E38 :cool:

I'll take one from you m233roller since I don't know the threads on the tube and it will be stock appearing.

Edit: I see now that you stated the threads on the tube.

From another thread I was reading the fitting in the block is 1/2" NPT The same as the one that goes in the piece that goes on the turbo. I was just going to do one like G-body parts sells with 2 Fittings you can put clamps on and be done Now Im lost lol