Oil Pump Priming... again...

87_TX_T-Type

I was priming the oil pump yesterday, and something caught my attention.

After priming with a drill and priming tool for about a minute I was able to easily get oil to the rockers above cylinder 1,2, and 4 (front of the engine), but they remaining rockers were not getting the same "flow" of oil. Pretty minimal actually.

I rotated the engine by hand and primed again, and started to get pressure to 3,5, and 6 put still not the same amount as the front cylinders. Still only priming for about a minute maybe. Did this about two times more. (Would have gone longer, but my cordless drill was running out of juice.)

Is this normal? Should all of them be flowing equally with just a priming tool? Do I simply need to prime longer to build pressure at the back of the heads, or could this indicate possible blockage or the push rods not seating correctly?

(Not sure if it is of any importance, but I also partially flooded the engine with 10 liters of fresh oil to "wash off" any solvents/contaminants introduced during the rebuild. Not sure if extra oil could create some time of cavitation or air pockets in the passages.)

Thanks