oil pump base/filter mount?

Jim Blackwood

How many different designs for this did the V6's use? I need something that points the filter down and forward more so than outward like the SBB (hits the frame rail) or straight down like the 215 (hits the steering rack). The one on the V6 in my wife's car looks like it might work, wasn't there also one that had the word, "Metric" cast into it somewhere? Thanks for any info.

JB

what car is this in..... a TR? I believe the stock ones are stamped metric at least mine is. I am running a turbo save which routes the oil lines up behind the pass side head light where the oil filter is mounted. This saves on room and may be something to consider.

Hopes that helps....

I'm a little hesitant to say... you guys might not want to help me. But, what the heck, here goes.

It's a very modified 340 Buick in a very modified MGB. The frame rails widen just forward of the oil filter mount so the filter can angle out by maybe as much as 45 degrees if it angles down at the same time. 30 degrees would be better. I really do not want to run a remote filter.

JB

Attachments

• MVC-706F.JPG
    MVC-706F.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 137
The Buick Power Source lists a few other applications of filter mounts. From memory, I think the 3.8 FWD is different as is the 3.1L

I appreciate the suggestions guys, but I don't have that book... any idea where I might be able to look at pictures?

JB

Took a closer look at the TR. That engine is an '82 2bbl from a Regal. The angle of the filter looks to be an estimated 38 degrees from the fore/aft axis and I believe it will work well enough to allow a full size filter. Unless anyone can suggest anything better that's what I'm going with I think. Thanks for the help.

JB