Oil in vacuum lines.

black84

Just wanted to ask I believe this is the boost solenoid (round flat thing next to the driverside valve cover). Anyway the vacuum lines that are hooked up to it came off the other day after I increased the boost to 19 psi. When I went to put them back on I noticed there was oil in the lines is this normal or what? Your help is greatly appreciated.:confused:

Not normal...

Sounds like the compressor seal is going away and letting some oil into the intake track. I'll bet the intercooler, up-pipe,throttle body,intake, ect. is getting oily too.
Check those out, clean them, and run a little bit to see if that is the problem.

HTH, CaptRob

Thanks Captrob, but where is the compressor seal and is this hard to replace? Sorry for the dumb question, but I'm relatively new to these cars. When the lines came off the T fitting it squirted a lot of oil out just though I should mention that. Thanks again.

Oil seals...

...are in the center section of the turbo. I don't know how hard they are to change, but I leave that stuff to the turbo builders. John Craig of Limit Engineering is who I use, but there are others in Dallas. Maybe someone else has used someone local or has rebuilt a turbo with a rebuild kit.

Probably needs to be cleaned out real good(intake track) and if it's not smoking bad, then it can go a little longer.
HTH, CaptRob

Round flat thing on the driver's side (kinda angled between the plenum & valve cover?) sounds like the EGR assembly. The boost solenoid is on the passenger side valve cover.

Doug C.