Oil accumulators (pre-oiler)

vacuum 6

Does anyone have experience with them?

Can you use the factory oil cooler adapter for hookup?

I have used one before but removed it when I went to a front mount intercooler. Had it mounted behind the front bumper. I just tapped into one of the oil cooler lines. You have to use a special check valve with it. Worked great, just wanted clean things up when I went to the front mount so I eliminated it along with the oil cooler lines. I used the Canton one with the electric valve. Problem with our cars is you want to shut off the electric valve while the motor is revving a bit and you have decent oil pressure. At idle and with the low oil pressure Buicks have at idle if you shut it off it doesn't have much pressure to push oil into the motor on a cold start.

Found some old pics of my installation.

Attachments

• accu1.JPG
    accu1.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 323
  • accu2.JPG
    accu2.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 323
  • accu3.JPG
    accu3.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 312
  • accu4.JPG
    accu4.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 305
  • accuoilfilterconnect.jpg
    accuoilfilterconnect.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 341
How does it operate? Once oil is captured can you hookup an air line to expel it (this would provide excellent psi)?

When the engine is cold and running you close the valve. this is at the highest pressure. Before you start it up you open the valve to make sure some oil is in the system. Very simple design and operation.

You need to pressurize the accumulator with air. See the air valve next to the gauge? The electronic valve on the other end captures the oil and holds it under pressure. I would shut the electric valve off with a switch in the car when the oil pressure is up.

Then the next time you go to start the car, turn on the ignition and before starting just flip the switch and the captured oil will lube the motor. You can see it working on your oil pressure gauge. When the pressure gets low just start the car. If you leave the switch on you also have a little oil pressure reserve if you stand the car on the back bumper or throw it hard into a turn. Probably not really necessary to have but the manufacturer is right down the street from me and I am a dealer for them. Had a kit on my site for a while but never sold a one to a Buick owner.:)

You need to pressurize the accumulator with air. See the air valve next to the gauge? The electronic valve on the other end captures the oil and holds it under pressure. I would shut the electric valve off with a switch in the car when the oil pressure is up.

Then the next time you go to start the car, turn on the ignition and before starting just flip the switch and the captured oil will lube the motor. You can see it working on your oil pressure gauge. When the pressure gets low just start the car. If you leave the switch on you also have a little oil pressure reserve if you stand the car on the back bumper or throw it hard into a turn. Probably not really necessary to have but the manufacturer is right down the street from me and I am a dealer for them. Had a kit on my site for a while but never sold a one to a Buick owner.:)

If the accumulator has an air valve then one could release the captured oil under pressure with an air compressor, right?