Official 2011 Buick Performance Group Nats TSM Results Columbus, OH

V6RACER

The true 8 Second 109!
Official 2011 Buick Performance Group Nats TSM Results Columbus, OH
First I want to say thank you to BPG and National Trails for letting us have a place to race and socialize with our friends. By far this was the best promoted event I have seen in the past few years. Big Thanks go to the BPG staff for spending their time to make sure we were all having a good time and making sure we didn't need anything.

Even though the weather was H O T everyone I saw and talked to had a great time and seeing the TTA's all lined up in the pits was an awesome sight.

Official Qualifying Order:
1. Jason White 9.448 @ 144.78
2. Tim Lemay 9.597 @ 142.19
3. Bobby "Buick" Slusser 10.294 @ 132.30
4. Steve Pitts 14.488 @ 73.46
5. Justin Hinderer 15.897 @ 52.68

In TSM we had 5 contenders one of which was, Justin Hinderer, a new comer with an amazingly sweet and clean white Turbo T making his debut appearance and first pass in his newly built TSM car. The car left with authority and the wheels up when something in the trans let go aborting the pass.

Can't wait to see this new car at the next race.

Round One

(1) Jason White - 1st round bye #1 qualifier

(3) Bobby Slusser vs (4) Steve Pitts - Steve lost a head gasket in qualifying and decided not to push it so Bobby gets a broke bye

(2) Tim Lemay vs (5) Justin Hinderer - Justin had transmission issues in qualifying so he couldn't make the 1st round giving Tim a bye into the Finals.

Semi Final Round

The semi final round matches up the finalist from Norwalk's TSM race

(1) Jason White vs (3) Bobby Slusser - Bobby brought his clean turbo regal back out this year to heat up the track in TSM again. Bobby works with A/Cs but his license must have ran out cause it was a hot August day in Ohio. Both cars lined up after heating up the tires both cars staged and the lights drop. Jason takes the R/T with a .168 to Bobby's .174 both cars running good all the way down to the strip. Bobby picked up some et from qualifying but Jason crosses first with a 9.554 @ 144.38 to Bobby's 10.168 @ 132.80.

(2) Tim Lemay - Bye into finals

Final Round

#1 vs #2 Just the way the pro ladder is designed to work.

(1) Jason White vs (2) Tim Lemay - The race everyone has been waiting for, at least that's what Ronnie thinks... :) Ronnie spills the beans with his banter in the staging lanes about how much boost they are gonna run against JW in the finals. "We turned it up to 45psi just for you" Everyone at the tunnel to the burnout box is laughing and having a great time listening to the back and forth pokes between racing crews. Tim and Jason just stand back and listen. The two drivers shanke hands and get buckled up in their cars. Both cars do their burnouts and slowly start creeping into the pre stage beams. Tim goes in, Jason follows, Tim sets the stage light and as Jason falls into the beam Tim's car lunges forward due to a trans brake failure. Tim's red light comes on just as Jason leaves the line.

Jason runs an 8.25 in the finals and sets a new TSM record for ET.

Although I'd love to take that as a new Record, While in the tower after the race getting the TSM printouts I found out that the computer operator reset the computer before I got to the end of the track stopping the clocks at 8.25.. Don Cruz can rest easy as his records in TSM and TSO still stand. ;)

Thank you to all of the TSM racers I had a great time and hope to see you all and more at the next event in Osceola.