Obd1 scanner will not link or scanmaster

chrisgn6

Tried to link my craftsman scanner and also a scanner from my local parts store. No luck. Never been able to get the scanmaster to work since day 1. Is there a fuse or wire I should search for fixing this problem. I would love to get my scanmaster readings on the board so I could get the necessary help that I will be needing. THANKS!

Here is a Scanmaster Manual, read page 3 and it will explain on how to connect the wires

Attachments

• Scanmaster 2.1 manual.pdf
    33.7 KB · Views: 55
I have the manual and followed the instruction. There has to be something else wrong going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll just have to try and trace the orange wire from pin E on the aldl connector over to the ECM, to make sure it's still connected.

the orange wire behind the aldl may have been cut to connect a scanmaster
could also be a defective ecm ,i have had one that seemed to run fine but no aldl output (that ecm was also missing low fan turn on)

what chip do you have ? its possible the chip code is defective
another thing to note although it shouldnt matter to your problem but since we are on the subject if you have a fast update coded chip a plug in type scantool should read something but wont read properly , with fast update code the only thing that will read properly is a scanmaster

most likely a problem in the ecm. this is reasonably common. A bad relay or TCC solenoid can kill the driver chip that handles the datastream.

Bob

If I have to get a new ecm, does it need programmed or do I just install the chip out of my old one. I do have Eric's ttchip not installed. Been waiting to get everything up and running correctly before I add any performance parts. THANKS BOB!

Traced wires, tested for continuity and voltage to the wires that suppose to have power. Pretty much pointed to the ecm being the problem after that.

Replaced ecm and scanmaster works. Will post numbers later so you members can tell me what is wrong or need to be adjusted. Thanks guys!!