O2's read 000-050 while cruising

savage6

...and the car bucks slightly. Replaced the O2 sensor first thing...no change. When I am cruising the car reads retardedly low O2 numbers but, when I get into boost at all there is a slight pop that I can feel in the pedal(backfire in the intake?) and then the O2's come back and the car feels fine WHILE IN BOOST ONLY. I have not gone higher than ~5psi since this stared for fear of something bad happening:(. Checked fuel pressure... it's fine. The motor has ~4000 miles on it 30 over with 204-214 cam(has been running like a champion). I'm thinkin' coil pack or ign. module? any ideas?

...and the car bucks slightly. Replaced the O2 sensor first thing...no change. When I am cruising the car reads retardedly low O2 numbers but, when I get into boost at all there is a slight pop that I can feel in the pedal(backfire in the intake?) and then the O2's come back and the car feels fine WHILE IN BOOST ONLY. I have not gone higher than ~5psi since this stared for fear of something bad happening:(. Checked fuel pressure... it's fine. The motor has ~4000 miles on it 30 over with 204-214 cam(has been running like a champion). I'm thinkin' coil pack or ign. module? any ideas?

you can start off by getting car on computer or dyno to check your fuel pressure/fuel pump/fuel regulator,air/fuel ratio,tps setting,injector pulse,etc..Try to cover the basics first,even check your plugs,wires,coil pack/module,chip,maf sensor,etc..
hope this gets you pointed in the right direction..
we had a similar problem with a friends car backfiring and it turned out to be a bad mass air flow sensor..

Was this a stock maf? I have the ls1 with the translator+, fairly new so I doubt it but you never know.

Was this a stock maf? I have the ls1 with the translator+, fairly new so I doubt it but you never know.

It was a stock maf with translator..
Also check your ls1 maf and translator..or you could run stock maf to see how it runs without translator also..remember,these are all electronic parts and are subject to fail one day..especially if you wash your engine without covering your electronic parts ...

I beleive that is the lean cruise function in the chip. If the car bucks,surges there's a problem with your tune...plugs,wires,coil,injectors etc...check it over.

Just saw your mention of the pop,possibly a bad MAF,coil,module,or an exhaust lobe going flat on your cam.