o2 sensor location?

although now that I know that the Bosch doesn't thread into our downpipes..

That is weird. Did you try chasing the O2 bung's threads beforehand? Bosch puts out most of the wideband's that are out there, I can't see them putting out factory O2 sensors that don't fit well. Very surprised...

I picked up an AC Delco today and it won't fit either. The stock one threaded in no problem..... Hmmm..... the end of the Bosch and the AC look identical, but slightly different than the stock AC. The one in the car now is slightly tapered..........the other 2, NOPE.

I picked up an AC Delco today and it won't fit either. The stock one threaded in no problem..... Hmmm..... the end of the Bosch and the AC look identical, but slightly different than the stock AC. The one in the car now is slightly tapered..........the other 2, NOPE.
That is really strange

I agree......... but they do look slightly different from the stock one......... a little fatter when the thread starts....... VERY frustrating. But as I posted in another thread I just started, it idles ROUGH to the point of stalling when cold ... so I'm thinking it's not the O2......... I need a scanmaster.

I'll grab one at Carlisle this weekend................

This is the Denso that came out of my car . It appears to have a slight taper to it , part # on it is 40050 5L , The stock replacement Denso # 234-1001
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/denso-oxygen-sensor-direct-fit-234-1001/20471239-P

DSCN0519.JPG

Man I can tell you're going nuts with issue, is the AC/Delco part # 213-629 if so it should fit. If you can post a picture of those different O2 sensors it might just be some type of discrepancies we might be able to pick up on. That rough idling, has mention ECM, Chip ,or injectors. Where are you located maybe our members can recommend a T/B shop.

I agree......... but they do look slightly different from the stock one......... a little fatter when the thread starts....... VERY frustrating. But as I posted in another thread I just started, it idles ROUGH to the point of stalling when cold ... so I'm thinking it's not the O2......... I need a scanmaster.

I'll grab one at Carlisle this weekend................
I doubt u will find a scanmaster at Carlisle. If u plan on buying one at Kirban's you might want to call him and pay for it in advance, then he will hold it for you.

I agree......... but they do look slightly different from the stock one......... a little fatter when the thread starts....... VERY frustrating. But as I posted in another thread I just started, it idles ROUGH to the point of stalling when cold ... so I'm thinking it's not the O2..............

It's still possible it's the O2 sensor. When I bought my '87 it had the same issue. It would hunt and die several times when cold. Changed the O2 sensor, took it out for a drive to let the computer re-learn, and the problem went away. That was with the original stock chip. Try chasing the threads in the manifold. That O2 sensor should fit.

I can tell you why. The threads are fucked.. someone cross threaded the shit out of the threads. Time to get out a tap..

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I had issues with getting the O2 sensor in properly also. I drained down the coolant and moved the hard heater line out of the way. That gave the me the right angle to install it. I would bet that your threads are fine but the O2 sensor is made just different enough that you can't get it oriented correctly with that pipe in its way. The Bosch O2 part number is 12014 for your information.