O-Ring ....Is it still available????

1987 GN

The oil filter on the TTA screws into the metal piece that the coolant flows through and that screws into the next metal piece that is attached to the block I think. Where this screws into the block there is an o-ring, what is this part # if it is still available? Does anyone know. Changing the oil and removing the filter ended up with this little o-ring coming off too. It seems ok now but I would like to be prepared with a spare if possible. Thanks.

If it's the same part that I'm thinking of I think this O ring is the same as on the oil filter.

HTH,

I thought it looked a little bigger, that is why I was unsure of this. Anyone ever have to replace this? Thanks for your help.

It is the one between the oil cooler and the block right? It hsould be still availbe. If they say that it isnt, tell them to check on a 92 Z28 with the L98. It is the same thing

Kat

This O-ring on the TTA does not match the one on the 1992 Z28. They have different part numbers. The part # for the TTA O-ring that I need is GM Part # 25536843. It was discontinued in 1996. NAPA does not have any part that cross references this either. I will post this in the general tech area as well. Any ideas. Also the GN/T-type one does not match this part number either. Thanks.

No luck yet guys.....

I went to a GM dealer, NAPA, Advanced Auto, CAP, AutoZone, and PEPBoys. No one had a Felpro turbo gasket set and the o-ring part numbers from PepBoys gave me some pretty small o-rings. I am looking for the one from the cooler to the block so isn't this one slightly bigger than the o-ring on the top of a ACPF-1218 oil filter or is my o-ring swollen in size from what it should be? Thanks for all of the help. If anyone else can come up with a part number for this o-ring for a TTA I would appreciate it. Most places had one for a GN but none had one for the TTA. Thanks again.

O-ring

I can get that part from my vendor. It's part # 82054...HTH and a thank you would be appreciated this time.

John C.
LedSLED Motorsports

try I.B.T.

look in your yellow pages for a company called I.B.T.
and they sell parts for semi trucks and constructuin equip-

i was able to have them match up the o-ring that goes in between the oil cooler adapter and the oil pump on my turbo regals--- they cost me .11 each, and kirban charges 4.00 each :rolleyes:

im sure you could find a company locally that could match that o-ring up-
swain
IBT
thompkins
parker
someone should point you into the right direction for the next time you run into this problem
HTH
wanner@kc.rr.com

Use one from an oil filter. I had mine off last summer and went throught he same deal you are, where do I get one.

Someone mentioned an o-ring, is there an actual o-ring on a TR? The TTA cooler uses more of a circular gasket.

I had a couple of oil filters for the TTA, the stock A/C, a Fram, and a NAPA. Looking at the gaskets on the bottom the A/C was the widest in terms of contact area so I used that one.

I cleaned the area real good and put a real thin coat of RTV on it then just put it back together. No leaks yet!!

Brent

Thanks for all of the help. I guess it is a quad seal and not an o-ring (this is what the parts suppliers said). I will be replacing it with the AC gasket from the PF-1218 filter I have and hopefully this will let me avoid any more problems. Thanks for all of the replies as I was nervous I would not be able to put things back the right way since GM stopped carrying the part. Once again this board has proved itself to be a great resource!