Nuclear stress test

Bad Boyz

Going to the VA hospital for one Friday morning.Anyone had one?They say its 4 hrs long.Been running out of air lately.Same thing 8 yrs ago.4 way by-pass.Every day I wake up,its a gift.Should of been dead back then.The wife wanted to know what kind of effect this nuclear stuff is going to do to me.Well,I tell her .If you see something glowing in the night ,that's its gonna be my candle.

Had one a year and a half back., nothing to it. You drink a QT of water, they inject you with a rad dose, and you get on the treadmill after the dose disperses. I was there about 3 hrs total, but also had an echo and EKG. My circulatory system is fine, lungs are fine, got allergy tests next week. I'm beginning to think I'm just out of shape. I know I'm old...

I had one and it was supposed a two day test. The first day was as described earlier. Lucky for me they called and said I didn't need day two.

Please make sure to tell the wife the glow will be very dim because it's a little light.:p:ROFLMAO:

Ah.....that Charlie! You should take Charlie with you to the VA.....he'll keep you in stitches.....hell, they might even let HIM give you the test!

Don't sweat the test....it's good for you and will find any blocked arteries and even that "little" light.:D

If they insist on giving you the test in the Nevada desert, DON'T GO!!!!

Bruce '87 Grand National

Charlie, the ol lady laughed her butt off on that one.I gotta say ,that's some funny.Well I passed.Now its the lungs that are going to be tested.That could be the culprit.I don't think the VA would be ready for Charlie.

Charlie, the ol lady laughed her butt off on that one.I gotta say ,that's some funny.Well I passed.Now its the lungs that are going to be tested.That could be the culprit.I don't think the VA would be ready for Charlie.
Thank you, thank you. I'll be here for a while. (Wait for applause to end;)) I was an MP so the VA knows me already, and try to keep me away so the guys don't fall out of their beds.:D Hopefully you can get this taken care of and do much better. I know you're not close but the Texas Buick nations are May 9th at the little river academy drag strip in Temple TX if you feel up to attending. Lots of fun and I cook brisket, ribs, and hot links so I've got lunch. If you get thirsty, I make home made wine, but you don't want to drink that much or you'll try to run against the fastest car on the track.:eek:

It's not so bad. Sometime they use a chemical test to stress your heart instead of the treadmill. They say I came close to a heart stoppage when the started my drugs. Seems I had a blockage of my LCA.

It's not so bad. Sometime they use a chemical test to stress your heart instead of the treadmill. They say I came close to a heart stoppage when the started my drugs. Seems I had a blockage of my LCA.
Your Lower Control Arms are blocked? Geese man........jack it up and remove the blocks already!!!

I, too, just had another Nuke Stress test last week. Didn't pass. I have blockage and am waiting for one of the best angiogram guys in the world (literally) to set the appointment.
I had two stents put in in 2012. Both ended up wrong. Kept feeling chest pain with walking 1/2 mile. Went back in and the guy tried for 2.5 hours to fix his screw up. He had placed the second stent covering a branch artery. (He failed to check for this condition). Then after he gave up and was YELLING at his staff........"ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS HERE?!!!!!!". I was wide awake the whole time he was sending personnel out to go find some other device or drug, he gave up and leaned over to me and said he was going to prescribe a time release nitro tablet and that should help me. That was the last I heard from him.........EVER!
I called a good friend (Buick owner) who's is a doctor and asked what in the hell should I do. He gave me two options.............see Doctor so and so, or fly outta state to a Mayo Clinic. I went to doc so and so. He had me wait a week to let me heal from possible radiation burns from being under X-Ray for 2.5 hours.
After he did his thing, he came into my room and said "Sorry.........but I did in 12 SECONDS what that last guy tried to do in 2.5 HOURS! You should be fine.".
But,...........I wasn't! Kept feeling mild chest pain from excursion. Went in for another stress test. Yep.........blockage. New guy went back in and found that the first stent installed was too small and was clogged from scar tissue. He ballooned it open as far as he could.
I need to add that I had a nuke stress test back before the first guy did his thing, and I passed with flying colors. He also sent me home from the clinic when I went in with bad chest pain and pain down my left arm. NOPE! you're fine........go home.
Now fast fwd to Jan 2015.......in for back fusion surgery and in the recovery room, I was at pain level 9.9999 (pain level 10, you pass out). None of the happy juice was working at all........NOTHING! My heart rate climbed and I was in agony.........I started feeling chest pain and told the staff. Well..........when you say that in a hospital..........alarms go off and they come at you with needles and more needles. (I had puked up my blood pressure meds the night before from being in so much pain.). So after a injection of blood pressure meds (or whiskey, I'm not really sure) I felt fine. The blood test showed positive for a heart attack, though. (Really mild)
Now my latest stress test came back with blockage again, so time for angiogram #5 for me, and if he is unable to correct it, I will most likely need a bypass to fix the first two stents. And NO........I am NOT going back to the first guy..........EVER!

Must be my lower control arm cause my rear end shimmy's under boost.

I wound up with a stent, and an ICD
ICD? Improved Colossal Dick? Where do I sign up?

Hope you are doing well. I've been fighting issues since 2006. Hope everyone is doing well. Wendy, Chuck, and myself have had enough fun for everyone.

ICD? Improved Colossal Dick? Where do I sign up?

nailed-it_o_201328.jpg

Your Lower Control Arms are blocked? Geese man........jack it up and remove the blocks already!!!

I, too, just had another Nuke Stress test last week. Didn't pass. I have blockage and am waiting for one of the best angiogram guys in the world (literally) to set the appointment.
I had two stents put in in 2012. Both ended up wrong. Kept feeling chest pain with walking 1/2 mile. Went back in and the guy tried for 2.5 hours to fix his screw up. He had placed the second stent covering a branch artery. (He failed to check for this condition). Then after he gave up and was YELLING at his staff........"ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS HERE?!!!!!!". I was wide awake the whole time he was sending personnel out to go find some other device or drug, he gave up and leaned over to me and said he was going to prescribe a time release nitro tablet and that should help me. That was the last I heard from him.........EVER!
I called a good friend (Buick owner) who's is a doctor and asked what in the hell should I do. He gave me two options.............see Doctor so and so, or fly outta state to a Mayo Clinic. I went to doc so and so. He had me wait a week to let me heal from possible radiation burns from being under X-Ray for 2.5 hours.
After he did his thing, he came into my room and said "Sorry.........but I did in 12 SECONDS what that last guy tried to do in 2.5 HOURS! You should be fine.".
But,...........I wasn't! Kept feeling mild chest pain from excursion. Went in for another stress test. Yep.........blockage. New guy went back in and found that the first stent installed was too small and was clogged from scar tissue. He ballooned it open as far as he could.
I need to add that I had a nuke stress test back before the first guy did his thing, and I passed with flying colors. He also sent me home from the clinic when I went in with bad chest pain and pain down my left arm. NOPE! you're fine........go home.
Now fast fwd to Jan 2015.......in for back fusion surgery and in the recovery room, I was at pain level 9.9999 (pain level 10, you pass out). None of the happy juice was working at all........NOTHING! My heart rate climbed and I was in agony.........I started feeling chest pain and told the staff. Well..........when you say that in a hospital..........alarms go off and they come at you with needles and more needles. (I had puked up my blood pressure meds the night before from being in so much pain.). So after a injection of blood pressure meds (or whiskey, I'm not really sure) I felt fine. The blood test showed positive for a heart attack, though. (Really mild)
Now my latest stress test came back with blockage again, so time for angiogram #5 for me, and if he is unable to correct it, I will most likely need a bypass to fix the first two stents. And NO........I am NOT going back to the first guy..........EVER!

I'm absolutely speechless as to what to say to this......looks like you're wearing out that wringer you've been going through.........and here am I, whining like a little bitch, about my "bad back pain", boo-hoo, boo-hoo, poor wittle Brucie."
After reading about what you're going through, Ken, I feel like an idiot.....you have shown me to learn to COUNT MY BLESSINGS! Jeez, I thought I had it bad!

Even though sawing down some trees, clearing out a large area of brush yesterday, I was in excruciating pain from operating the chain saw and saws-all, it's nothing compared to how much suffering and how scary it can be for others like you, Ken.

I will ask God to please help you all He can....it's all I can do......I suddenly have stopped whining now!:shy:

Good luck and may the Lord keep watch over you, Ken.....please, try to keep us updated as to your operations. Best to you and your family. Hang in there, my friend.

Just remember: IF YOU DIE ON ME I'LL KILL YOU!:smuggrin:

Bruce '87 Grand National

Ya, I'm doing a lot better than many of our returning soldiers. At least I didn't take an RPG through the shoulder. I will be fine. Pain just makes me realize I am ALIVE!

Oh ........and I gotta add.........back pain can be a serious BITCH!!!!! It can and will ruin your life at times. I still got up and went to work everyday. No pain meds would touch the pain. Hope you feel better. I KNOW what its like to go through.
On my bad days I always thought about those poor souls standing behind the drop gate on the landing craft hitting Omaha Beach and put my pity party to rest. I have met prisoners of war and I will never have to deal with such physical AND mental pain as those guys had to. (Thanks to them)

Definitely don't feel bad bitching about back pain. The only people who understand back pain are the people who had or have it. I was talking with a Vet I work with and he was telling me the suicide rate of returning soldiers. I had know idea. It's something I will never forget. He knows I will help with fundraising but I wish I could do more. God bless the Vets.