Nozzle location?

Dukesie79

This car had an old SMC alky kit on it when I bought it and the PO fabbed the up pipe for a BOV, IAT, vacuum port, and dual alky nozzles. I'd like to keep the pipe as is, but I'm concerned about the locations of the nozzle ports. I'm upgrading to Alkycontrol single nozzle and want to know your thoughts on plugging off the driver side alky port and putting the new nozzle in the passenger side port. It will direct alky almost straight into the throttle body with not much air resistance to break up the spray and help atomize.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• nozzles.JPG
    nozzles.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 203
You have a MAF and the BOV will release unmetered air. If you want a BOV, change to SD.

As to the nozzles.. another option is instead of getting an M15. Get an M10 and an M5. That will be the same flow rate.

The IAT would have been cool to have after nozzles.

After looking at that.. if it where me.. I'd get a new up-pipe and simply have a single nozzle installed on it. Ditch all that extra stuff on it. Possibly move the IAT into the plenum. And ditch the BOV.

But ya know.. the alcohol doesnt care how nozzles are pointed.

Hope this helps. Ohh.. upgrade the hose clamps :D

I have a spare up pipe that was also set up for the dual nozzle but doesn't have a blow off valve flange. I welded up the second nozzle hole, so I think after I paint it up, I'll try installing it and giving it a whirl. I did take the car out yesterday and I think the BOV is leaking above 18psi or so anyway so that will eliminate that headache.

As far as moving the IAT, where in the plenum would be the best location? I've done some searching on the subject and it sounds like there is some debate on whether a direct spray of meth will reduce the readings too much and be inaccurate. Does anyone have a proven "best" location for the IAT in this situation?

The clamps are soon to be upgraded with the mismatched silicone couplers. Going all black in color. Everywhere else on the intercooler plumbing is t-bolt already. Thanks for all the suggestions, Razor. The kit is awesome and the install was really straightforward thanks to the detailed instructions.

No worries about the location. When I had my intake off I had mine installed under the studd boss of the rear plenum bolt. Under the coil pack bracket. The only thing that sucks about this was intake has to be off the car... The first time I did it I installed it on the side of the plenum passenger side. The next car I bought had it on the upper plenum drivers side rear bottom of plenum.. where the Cruise and throttle cables go through. They all worked the same. So its a whatever floats your boat kind of deal.

Simple is the best. Whatever route that is ;)

Thanks for the thimbs up :D