Now that I've decided can I hit a HIGH 10

bigcap

Here's my car's mods. It's getting finished at the machine shop and then dyno tuned and then she'll be home. Can I grab a high ten with this combo. I've owned this car for almost a year and have been redoing it and just dropping DOLLAR after DOLLAR into it. This will be my first time with it and I can enjoy it. My goal is high ten. I know your going to say you need a bigger turbo and it will be on the way once I FINALLY get my car back and enjoy and and pay off my mechanic.Rebuilt engine with 40 Bore with Diamond Pistons, Eagle Shaft basically everything I could do to sure up the engine and machine shop it and the Dyno Tune is completed.

TE60 Turbo Garret Housing
Front Mount GN1 Extreme Intercooler
Alky Kit
Shift Recalibration Kit
3000 Stall Converter
Ported Intake Manifold
Rebuilt Tranny
Eaton Posi Rear
60 LB Injectors
Duel Walboros 255
70MM Plenum
70MM Throttle Body
Champion Iron Heads
CAI
Cut Outs
LT1 Maf
Gen 2 Maf Trans
3 Inch Up Pipe
Turbo Tweak Alky chip
Rear Sway Bar
3 inch Poston Down Pipe
Pypes Catback
Poston Headers Ceramic Coated
Poly Urathane Body Bushings Kit
Rear Seat Brace Kit
Frame Brace Kit
Hood Brace Kit
Front Connecting Brace Kit
Fuel Pump Wiring Upgrade
Remote Oiling System Upgrade
Underdrive Pulley set
High Rev Lifters, Springs etc.
Gn 212 Cam
Upgraded Alternator
Accufab Adjustable Fuel Regulator
Fuel Rail Feed Line
H&R Parts Poly Motor Mounts
H&R Parts Poly Trans Mount
Mickey Thompson Drags
New Gas Tank
Upgraded Ignition and Coil Pack
Weld Rims
Scan Master
Aftermarket Gauges All Around

10's aren't done by accident. Usually the people that know what their combo is capable of achieve their goal by researching and tuning. Just because you may have the parts to run 10's, dosen't mean you'll it'll run the number.

Your combo "should" be enough to dip into the 10's, but I'd opt for a bigger turbo. The TE-60 can get you there, but it'll be easier with a bigger turbo.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys but with that h/c combo he should get a higher stall sense the motor is gunna rev higher and make big power

I would think with some tuning and a higher stall and something like a 67mm u should be low 10s

Correct me if I'm wrong guys but with that h/c combo he should get a higher stall sense the motor is gunna rev higher and make big power

I would think with some tuning and a higher stall and something like a 67mm u should be low 10s

The stall is there to help the turbo spool. That stall will be plenty for the TE60. If he goes to a larger turbo, then he will want to raise it accordingly. Too much stall will hut down the track at shift points. Using a lower stall will help with power at shift points being fully used through the RPM range.

Mike

Disable the second pump, 2 pumps are not needed at that power level, you will actually go slower.

Remove the 70mm upper and tbody, install stock parts, you do not need them and will slow you down at that power level.

I would opt for a larger turbo, no reason to run alot of boost with a old 60 turbo, just get a newer style turbo and run less boost to get the same results.

Axles?

I do think you could grab a high 10 with that turbo, but not too many people can do it everyday of the week.
BW :)

Here's my car's mods. It's getting finished at the machine shop and then dyno tuned and then she'll be home. Can I grab a high ten with this combo. I've owned this car for almost a year and have been redoing it and just dropping DOLLAR after DOLLAR into it. This will be my first time with it and I can enjoy it. My goal is high ten. I know your going to say you need a bigger turbo and it will be on the way once I FINALLY get my car back and enjoy and and pay off my mechanic.Rebuilt engine with 40 Bore with Diamond Pistons, Eagle Shaft basically everything I could do to sure up the engine and machine shop it and the Dyno Tune is completed.

TE60 Turbo Garret Housing
Front Mount GN1 Extreme Intercooler
Alky Kit
Shift Recalibration Kit
3000 Stall Converter
Ported Intake Manifold
Rebuilt Tranny
Eaton Posi Rear
60 LB Injectors
Duel Walboros 255
70MM Plenum
70MM Throttle Body
Champion Iron Heads
CAI
Cut Outs
LT1 Maf
Gen 2 Maf Trans
3 Inch Up Pipe
Turbo Tweak Alky chip
Rear Sway Bar
3 inch Poston Down Pipe
Pypes Catback
Poston Headers Ceramic Coated
Poly Urathane Body Bushings Kit
Rear Seat Brace Kit
Frame Brace Kit
Hood Brace Kit
Front Connecting Brace Kit
Fuel Pump Wiring Upgrade
Remote Oiling System Upgrade
Underdrive Pulley set
High Rev Lifters, Springs etc.
Gn 212 Cam
Upgraded Alternator
Accufab Adjustable Fuel Regulator
Fuel Rail Feed Line
H&R Parts Poly Motor Mounts
H&R Parts Poly Trans Mount
Mickey Thompson Drags
New Gas Tank
Upgraded Ignition and Coil Pack
Weld Rims
Scan Master
Aftermarket Gauges All Around

im gonna jump in and ask a question about the TE-60. i have a 3200 art carr stall, is that over kill and hurting me?

I don't see any reason to change from my bigger throttle body and plenum to stock. Sorry. And I know I could use a bigger turbo but for my converter it's fine. If I nail a low 11 I'll be happy and even happier with a ten. I value alot of advice on this forum but sometimes I think people just like to throw negativity out there. I know what my combo is capable of and what it should run if everything is running right. Also the second pump only comes on if the extra fuel is needed. This car is meant to get me to work if I decide to drive it there and have fun on the track. I am proud of all the work I have put into her and was curious if peoples opinion on it's power output would be the same. :eek:

The answer to the original question is yes. A 10.9x is there with all the stuff you have. How many 10.9x passes nobody knows. I've been 11.3x @ 121 on stock heads, te-60, and 009's. With the 60# inj, heads and cam, you can make the power but it's all gonna be in the tune as to how long it will last. I'm putting together basically the same combo you have and I feel confident it will trap 125+ which is plenty for 10's.

I don't see any reason to change from my bigger throttle body and plenum to stock. Sorry. And I know I could use a bigger turbo but for my converter it's fine. If I nail a low 11 I'll be happy and even happier with a ten. I value alot of advice on this forum but sometimes I think people just like to throw negativity out there. I know what my combo is capable of and what it should run if everything is running right. Also the second pump only comes on if the extra fuel is needed. This car is meant to get me to work if I decide to drive it there and have fun on the track. I am proud of all the work I have put into her and was curious if peoples opinion on it's power output would be the same. :eek:

Hey bigcap,

Sounds like you are a little irritated. No need in that if you are asking for opinions. I undestand that you had comments that you could use a larger turbo, as your combo would call for it to utilize all your other mods. The best way to look at it is... you have supporting mods for a larger turbo, when the day comes - bolt one on and go. That's it.

It is all about having fun and enjoying our cars. You should be proud of what you have put together, now comes the time to make it all work together to it's optimal ability. That is the tricky part.

FYI... As for the dual pumps... you may not understand what causes the second pump to come on. I would imagine that a hobb switch is used that determines by boost (fully adjustable) for the additional pump to kick on to deliver more fuel. There are scores of people running single Walbro pumps with alky hitting low 10s every weekend. That is why it was suggested to disable it. If your return line is not up to par to keep the pressure properly regulated, you could have issues with excessive fuel delivery. It is not just another pump that kicks on when something determines that you "need" more fuel.

Look at my signature combo... Close to you on the turbo, 70MM TB, ported champion irons. 55 Lb injectors, 212 cam (roller, don't know if you are roller or tappet) and other similar mods. I have a 10.81 @ 26Lbs boost. I have more in it with a good bit more alky left and a few more Lbs of boost and now have a HR parts rear sway to help my launches. I am hoping to get 10.50's out of it. It can be done with your combo, getting into the 10's that is. It takes patience and tuning.

Mike

Your the one being negative. Listen to our opinions and use your common judgment to figure out what will and will not work out for your car's combo. You asked if we think it will run a 10. Sure, it has the potential to run that fast. There are so many more variables than your parts list. Who is tuning the car?

Quick6 was giving you opinions from his personal EXPERIENCE with these cars for damn near 15 years. Ive got 10 years invested in this game. And he helped tune my car back in 04, and still does to this day. So listen up, and learn. We ARE here to help. Have fun with the car, hope it runs the number for you.

I've got a great tuner Dyno Tuning her here in Jersey. His companies name is Modern Muscle Motor Sports. He won't allow that thing out of his shop until the tune is on the money he's been dialing in my cars for over 7 years. Right now his speciality is Cobra's and Lightnings but does do GN's it's just that GN's are getting harder and harder to come by. He put the two pumps on because I had an extra brand new one laying around and figured might as well install her in case down the road I go bigger and better which I will eventually. I've been talking to Jack on a consistant basis about my combo and he agrees the engine has alot more potential in it for a bigger turbo especially now that I've upgraded the intercooler and rebuilt the engine. I will go to a 70 once I sell my BB 44 and have extra cash laying around.

i have seen guys go 10s with a lot less and about 10 years ago.. you will hit 10s no problem with a good tune and a 60ft!!!!

Quick6.....does that mean I'm losing power with my 70mm also?

We lost power, went slower, and had to run more boost to get the same results same day at the track. For us it did not effect spoolup, but the mph was down and so was the et, we also had to run 2-3 more psi for same results.

As 8uwith6 said, been there and learned from that.... AT THE TRACK :)

If you already have it, go ahead and use it... someday hit the track with both and see what you get :)

I value alot of advice on this forum but sometimes I think people just like to throw negativity out there. I know what my combo is capable of and what it should run if everything is running right. Also the second pump only comes on if the extra fuel is needed. I am proud of all the work I have put into her and was curious if peoples opinion on it's power output would be the same. :eek:

How can you say i was being negative?

I gave you my opinion of what to do so you could get closer toward your goal. If you werent dreaming about your timeslip so soon and actually listening to good advise from people you might actually go faster.

I guess now i could just rack you up with the rest of those idiots who dream of running 10s with 1000's of dollars poured into their cars just to run mid 12s.

Good luck with your "DYNO TUNE" and one years experience under your belt with this particular car. When you actually do get the car back from your mechanic and decide to hit the track and dont get the "10 second slip" maybe you will refur back to this thread when that Quick6 guy was an azzhole and called you an dreamer because you are the type of guy who wont listen to good advise when its written in plain english..... right in front of you.

I am so glad you explained what a double pumper is too. You act like we have no idea what it is.

PS, since you know it all, might as well let your tuner in on a secret, that second pump still wont be needed with the 70mm turbo that your dreaming of in the future. The 60s and a good alky kit should be plenty, but since your still going to be using it instead of listening, might as well turn the knobs all the way up on everything and enjoy some mid 11s in a few years.
Later
BW

From your experiance quick6..what do you think I should run For et and mphif I can cut a good 60' (1.65ish) mods in sig, running 23lbs also have brand new compcam 980 valve spring and timing chain on there way. Thanx

I know that BW has never steered me wrong. He has at least pointed me in the direction as to what works, and what doesn't. I dont feel I have wasted any $$ on parts. We'll see how his tranny guy does. Won't be slipping in third this year!! :biggrin:

Neil, BW was telling me about that new MAN CAVE! hmmm he said you serve my favorite COLD BEER! lol

The answer to the original question is yes. A 10.9x is there with all the stuff you have. How many 10.9x passes nobody knows. I've been 11.3x @ 121 on stock heads, te-60, and 009's. With the 60# inj, heads and cam, you can make the power but it's all gonna be in the tune as to how long it will last. I'm putting together basically the same combo you have and I feel confident it will trap 125+ which is plenty for 10's.

Long time! How you been?? Glad to hear the car is out and about again! Maybe a spring shootout?? Maybe if nothing else try and get a good size gathering.

From your experiance quick6..what do you think I should run For et and mphif I can cut a good 60' (1.65ish) mods in sig, running 23lbs also have brand new compcam 980 valve spring and timing chain on there way. Thanx

I have that turbo and a tighter convertor in my grey car, im shooting for 10.9 with a stock cubic inch, ported heads and drag radials. It should do better than that, capable of high 9s, but it tough to put a actual number on it.

I dont know what yours might run on only 23psi, everything out there is a factor of it being slower or faster, Grumpy, his daughters car went high nines with alot of factory parts, most out there are garage queens like mine, just waiting to actually hit the track.

BW

Thanks. Name calling and degrading someone because I said there was negativity in the thread.

MODS can you please delete this thread? Thank you to the people with actual opinions that didn't say I was an ******* who dumped alot of money for 12's.

We lost power, went slower, and had to run more boost to get the same results same day at the track. For us it did not effect spoolup, but the mph was down and so was the et, we also had to run 2-3 more psi for same results.

As 8uwith6 said, been there and learned from that.... AT THE TRACK :)

If you already have it, go ahead and use it... someday hit the track with both and see what you get :)

How can you say i was being negative?

I gave you my opinion of what to do so you could get closer toward your goal. If you werent dreaming about your timeslip so soon and actually listening to good advise from people you might actually go faster.

I guess now i could just rack you up with the rest of those idiots who dream of running 10s with 1000's of dollars poured into their cars just to run mid 12s.

Good luck with your "DYNO TUNE" and one years experience under your belt with this particular car. When you actually do get the car back from your mechanic and decide to hit the track and dont get the "10 second slip" maybe you will refur back to this thread when that Quick6 guy was an azzhole and called you an dreamer because you are the type of guy who wont listen to good advise when its written in plain english..... right in front of you.

I am so glad you explained what a double pumper is too. You act like we have no idea what it is.

PS, since you know it all, might as well let your tuner in on a secret, that second pump still wont be needed with the 70mm turbo that your dreaming of in the future. The 60s and a good alky kit should be plenty, but since your still going to be using it instead of listening, might as well turn the knobs all the way up on everything and enjoy some mid 11s in a few years.
Later
BW