Now i understand how it feels to own a turbo buick!

Vampire said:
Hey thanks for all the compliments on the car guys!

Sadly, the car had a problem with the lifters ("clicky Comps") and one of them failed soon after I got the car and I had to have them replaced. So with ordering parts and all the car's been down for a few weeks. Apparently the problems with Comp products for our cars has been well documented and I'm not the only one who has had their parts fail, so I'm actually a little relieved that those are going bye-bye to make way for new Morels.

By the way someone asked about the boost...its set at 22 lbs. now, but I am told it can take a lot more.

Also, the car was never dyno-tuned after the build, so I'll be looking to do that as soon as she is back up and running healthily. Then off to the track...:cool:

Funny side story...I really got a feel for how much attention the car gets while in a flatbed on the way to Lou's Auto Service...random people were riding alongside staring, and even taking cell phone pics the whole ride down. I heard GNs get attention, but geez...I think I'm gonna name my car "Ego Boost" :biggrin:

"Ego Boost" very clever. I like that a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

Subscribed. We have about the same combo so I would like to see your dyno numbers and track times. :)

Hey thanks for all the compliments on the car guys!

Sadly, the car had a problem with the lifters ("clicky Comps") and one of them failed soon after I got the car and I had to have them replaced. So with ordering parts and all the car's been down for a few weeks. Apparently the problems with Comp products for our cars has been well documented and I'm not the only one who has had their parts fail, so I'm actually a little relieved that those are going bye-bye to make way for new Morels.

By the way someone asked about the boost...its set at 22 lbs. now, but I am told it can take a lot more.

Also, the car was never dyno-tuned after the build, so I'll be looking to do that as soon as she is back up and running healthily. Then off to the track...:cool:

Funny side story...I really got a feel for how much attention the car gets while in a flatbed on the way to Lou's Auto Service...random people were riding alongside staring, and even taking cell phone pics the whole ride down. I heard GNs get attention, but geez...I think I'm gonna name my car "Ego Boost" :biggrin:

be aware that the morel lifters are taller than comps and they need different length pushrods , they will need to be shorter.
make sure the rods length got properly checked (with a pushrod measure tool) and new rods ordered and that they didnt try to get away with the old pushrods and adjusting the rocker arms ,
there is a specific location for the adjuster to be in on the harlands and there isnt much room for adjusting , yes theadjuster screw will turn in a lot but the range that the rocker will receive oil to the needle bearings is only one turn