Nothern Indiana Dyno day..anyone interested?

Quickturbosix

High on PSI
Was thinking of talking to Angel Automotive in Elkhart Indiana about having a dnyo day.

If the price is right how many would be interested?

How many runs or how much time would you want on the dnyo?

What would you spend?

If we do this on a Saturday we may be able to rent the local strip for that day also.

Would you want to dyno in the morning and race that night? Track has no lighting so time would be limited. Sunday is the normal day they run. How many would stick around for Sunday and a chance to mix it up with everyone?

Please post if your interested and post a date you think would work. :cool:

Yes any help would be great.

I was thinking some time in May would be good. Going to stop by Angel today to see what they think. One of the techs there drives a Gn from what I hear. So they have some background in turbo cars. Would really like to see a turbo car throw down the record for highest torque. I think the record there right now is a mustang with a little over 700# on the tires. I will post something tonight after I talk with them.

Could your guys answer the questions in my first post? Maybe we can get a handle on what everyone is willing to spend and whatnot.

Of course this is open to non TR's also. Would really like to see a good showing if possible though. I have a local shop that has a pretty good street car following that is going to help promote the event.

Dyno days

Chicagoland Chapter GSCA has been sponsoring spring and fall Dyno Days for the past two years. These are well attended. Our next date is April 12th. Details on our next planned date is in the following flier:

Link to flier

ATR has been providing this service for $50 for two pulls, with tweaking time in between.

We have been considering a dyno day competition with Indiana Chapter and perhaps Michigan chapter. Elkhart, Indina would be a great place for something tlike this

I talked to Angel Automotive and waiting for a call back from the owner.

The info they gave me so far is this...

Late April would be good.

Could handle 20-25 cars in one day.

Cost would be around $75 per car ~ 3 - 4 pulls and they said you could make a pull, get off the dyno to make changes and then load the car again for the next pull after cool down. You could do this for each of your pulls. Minor changes could be made on the dyno if you didnt mind back to back runs while the car was already hot.

No awd cars but fwd isnt a problem.

They would put atleast two techs on duty to make sure load / unload time wasnt to bad.

I havn't contacted the track yet. If you wanted to stick around to race on Sunday with the regular program I think that would work out best. Or come in Friday night and they have a open test and tune session that we could join in on. There are a lot of cheap hotels in the area, a few camp grounds too.

Anyone interested in doing this?????