Not new but Intro myself

SoCal83Turbo

Hello Everyone,

I joined this site last year I rarely post, I mostly do searches. I purchased the 83 T type last year and had to get rid of it within 3 months of purchase to my brother (a sweet deal for a truck came up and I had to have it). While I had it, we (my bros and myself) pulled the engine, rebuilt top end, new brake system, new timing chain, weld the headers, fixed interior lights, tranmission rebuilt (still not perfect), and rebuilt all new front suspension. I repurchased from my bro last month (I had to get it back even though I am not to happy with carb turbo but once I drive it I love it.) Just this last weekend, I replaced the shocks and springs (rides alot better) and added some nice wheels. The car still looks like crap and still needs paint, interior but it now has nice wheels. Let me put to you this way, I already got the comment , "the wheels are worth more than the car". I had to get the wheels to keep me motivated and the car looks different.

I will say that I have always liked buick regals. My first regal was a 1985 v6 with pw, and basic(in 1995). That car took me everywhere. I have been wanting a grand national but ended up with a Ttype with carb turbo. The car runs good. The car gets looks and is my daily driver (YES DAILY DRIVER).

I will get some pictures this weekend but don't laugh at the ugly paint job it has - the interior also need TLC.

Just wanted to say that without this site I would have blown the car up already. This site is great for knowledge. I like looking up stuff and seeing that we regal owners are helping each other out. Great site.

Car:
83 buick Ttype
bucket seats
paint code two tone (black/Silver) - currently a different color
floor shifter
200-4r

As time goes on I will continue (if money permits) rebuilt my Ttype. This summer I will try to paint it and work on the Interior. The only thing is that I can not tell if my interior is OG or what.

I will try to put up pictures this weekend for you to see.

Fred

SoCal83Turbo said:
....Let me put to you this way, I already got the comment , "the wheels are worth more than the car". I had to get the wheels to keep me motivated....

Niether does a Gran National from the point of view of an average consumer.
But we know better. :D

The T-Type or any other carbed turbo Buick does have a following. Although I've yet to install the turbo package I'm working on into my '81 Regal, there is'nt a day that passes by without my car getting some sort of comment from someone certain that I own a Gran National. I politely correct them, (although reluctantly :redface: ).

Lets face it, these cars are all about being easy to repair, consistant availability of parts almost anywhere and very inexpensive to maintain.

The other 50% is ignorant mystique....is'nt that a Gran National? :rolleyes:

Attachments

• MiamiBuick.jpg
    MiamiBuick.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 96
By the way.....I posted a recent pic of my '81 buick, but here's a before pic... :(

Attachments

• Frt Drv Door.jpg
    Frt Drv Door.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 82
SoCal83Turbo said:
Hello Everyone,

I joined this site last year I rarely post, I mostly do searches. My first regal was a 1985 v6 with pw, and basic(in 1995). That car took me everywhere. I have been wanting a grand national but ended up with a Ttype with carb turbo. The car runs good. The car gets looks and is my daily driver (YES DAILY DRIVER).

Fred

Welcome to the boards! I've been a member since 01 but started posting more in the last year since I also acquired my 83 T-Type. Like you, my first car was a 85 NA Regal. It was a great car - until it got stolen :frown:

Now I will take all the precautions I didn't take with my first car and will try hard as he!! to keep this one. I would love to see pictures! I love the 2 tone black/silver. What color is it now?

Sarah

It made me laugh when I read that you bought the wheels to keep yourself motivated. :biggrin: Good luck with the car and remember to have fun with it. I could have burned mine many times over for all of the problems it has given me, but hell, it's just a hobby and I love the damn car. If it was all done and perfect, I would have nothing to do. I would have to buy another TR.

Here are the pictures. I am still learning to post items so be patient. The color code for the t type is two tone but I will end up painting it black. It actually rides good but I a working out the problems. This car is great to drive. It is a daily driver. Here are the pictures.

Attachments

• th_TF1e1.jpg
    th_TF1e1.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 64
  • th_TFe1.jpg
    th_TFe1.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 88
My first regal was white with blue interior. I was looking for the same color but found this silver one. I will paint it black to match my truck - then again lately all of my cars have been black. Got to love that blue California plate.

This weekend I will try to located a clunking sound that comes from the driver's floor board. I will look at the intermediate shafts and check body mounts. I hate to drive on the fwy with a clunking noise everytime I hit a bump or make turns.