Not a tech question, just wanted to say Buick guys rock

milehighGN

Had to get rid of my GN because it was a needed a TON of work i found out after buying it sight-unseen. Just got a used 98 eclipse GSX since i live in colorado an go to the mountains (500lb ft of torque doesn't hookup in snow).

You guys are WAYYYYY nicer than most DSM guys.

www.dsmtuners.com

Dude....they have "rules" and "regulations" about how you post, blah blah blah. I'm like, this is my 4th turbocharged car (944 turbo and WRX before GN). I wanted to post wanted ads for parts and they don't let me email anyone anymore!

I know Royal's GN puts a SERIOUS hurting on a lot of these cars up at Bandimere. And it just goes to show , he's the kinda guy who would do anything to help you get your car running.

When my budget allows me to have a fun 2nd car, I'm coming back to ya'll.

After trying the import ricer thing with a few Subarus, I just had to come back. My I.Q. level was getting sucked right out my head dealing with the kids on the import boards. Good luck with all that. You'll be back.

You make an interesting comment about dealing with 'kids' on the boards. This board had a little bit of that when it first started out (pre-crash). It has matured nicely. The gnttype mailing list had some epic flame-war moments too, but back then there was no comparison between gnttype and turbobuick. If you wanted answers from gurus, you went to gnttype. If you wanted banter, turbobuick. Now gnttype is just a billboard, and turbobuick is the source for answers from many gurus. Interesting evolution to witness. For those who have hung around, we've all gotten a little older - that helps calm things down and give the appearance of 'higher IQ' :rolleyes: but really we're still just 'a bunch of idiots' (Johnny Damon, Boston Red Sox).

DMan said:
You make an interesting comment about dealing with 'kids' on the boards. This board had a little bit of that when it first started out (pre-crash). It has matured nicely. The gnttype mailing list had some epic flame-war moments too, but back then there was no comparison between gnttype and turbobuick. If you wanted answers from gurus, you went to gnttype. If you wanted banter, turbobuick. Now gnttype is just a billboard, and turbobuick is the source for answers from many gurus. Interesting evolution to witness. For those who have hung around, we've all gotten a little older - that helps calm things down and give the appearance of 'higher IQ' :rolleyes: but really we're still just 'a bunch of idiots' (Johnny Damon, Boston Red Sox).

Hehe, for sure. But I appreciate how you guys really don't bitch about much, and just make your cars go fast. I'm not gonna stick a lot of dough into my DSM......just make it quicker. Its a GREAT winter car though. 4 wheel drifts in ski resort parking lots are a TON of fun. But yea......for drag racing, I'd rather get a crappy looking T-Type that will KILL these guys then spend money building a motor, etc.